Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: Scrapping Event
    FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

This is a bit of a weird suggestion since it's getting rid of something rather than implementing something.
    So today an event called "Fall into Oblivion" was hosted and I participated. It's an event where you run to your own death as soon as possible. You have no weapons and you're only able to tumble/jump. What I noticed was that every round I was playing, 1 certain teammate moved faster than the rest of us. I was wondering how he was able to pull that off so I whispered one of the people leading the event why that was. They told me it was, because someone has lower FPS, which causes you to have less frames, thus skip frames, meaning you move less smoothly and teleport more, which makes them move faster. Only it's difficult to actually witness it with our eyes if you've set it to the right amount. In this event there are no rules about lagging and you can't check to what amount someone has set their fps, so right now I guess it's only known to certain people as a trick to gain an advantage. FGunZ allows you to set your fps at 0 or from 60 till 1000. Unless there are rules about spiking or there is a system implemented within that event (like a TAG) that forces you to have certain fps or unless the event host will recommend you to have the lowest (60FPS) to move as fast as possible within the event description I think the Event should at least be temporarily be removed. Because right now there's an unfair advantage for certain people who have specific knowledge and mess with their settings to get it. Having said that, I myself use a third party program since official servers (10+ years ago) for limiting my FPS, which isn't detected by FGunZ as something hostile or illegal. So even if you suggest people to put their FPS to 60, if people like me with such programs for example would limit ourselves to 55, without lag being noticable, we would have an advantage over those who have the minimum that fgunz allows. For the sake of keeping events fair and for everyone to enjoy I would like to suggest deleting this event until there's a proper solution. (I've tested this event with a staff member who had their fps set to 250 and a headstart advantage and me going to low FPS, and I would still win the race, so the advantage is big.)

2. The following user said thank you to R0B3N for this useful post:

Kizie (04-18-2021)

Thread Information