Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: Scrapping Event
    FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

This is a bit of a weird suggestion since it's getting rid of something rather than implementing something.
    So today an event called "Fall into Oblivion" was hosted and I participated. It's an event where you run to your own death as soon as possible. You have no weapons and you're only able to tumble/jump. What I noticed was that every round I was playing, 1 certain teammate moved faster than the rest of us. I was wondering how he was able to pull that off so I whispered one of the people leading the event why that was. They told me it was, because someone has lower FPS, which causes you to have less frames, thus skip frames, meaning you move less smoothly and teleport more, which makes them move faster. Only it's difficult to actually witness it with our eyes if you've set it to the right amount. In this event there are no rules about lagging and you can't check to what amount someone has set their fps, so right now I guess it's only known to certain people as a trick to gain an advantage. FGunZ allows you to set your fps at 0 or from 60 till 1000. Unless there are rules about spiking or there is a system implemented within that event (like a TAG) that forces you to have certain fps or unless the event host will recommend you to have the lowest (60FPS) to move as fast as possible within the event description I think the Event should at least be temporarily be removed. Because right now there's an unfair advantage for certain people who have specific knowledge and mess with their settings to get it. Having said that, I myself use a third party program since official servers (10+ years ago) for limiting my FPS, which isn't detected by FGunZ as something hostile or illegal. So even if you suggest people to put their FPS to 60, if people like me with such programs for example would limit ourselves to 55, without lag being noticable, we would have an advantage over those who have the minimum that fgunz allows. For the sake of keeping events fair and for everyone to enjoy I would like to suggest deleting this event until there's a proper solution. (I've tested this event with a staff member who had their fps set to 250 and a headstart advantage and me going to low FPS, and I would still win the race, so the advantage is big.)

2. The following user said thank you to R0B3N for this useful post:

Kizie (04-18-2021)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    We can't force them a certain fps and fps could matter in basically every event out there if you wanna look at it this way.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Bipolarity (04-18-2021), Ommadawn (04-18-2021)

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    And even so, what you are talking about is barely noticeable to the extent where it's just a placebo and doesn't actually affect the outcome of who wins.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    And even so, what you are talking about is barely noticeable to the extent where it's just a placebo and doesn't actually affect the outcome of who wins.
    I just said I tested it with a staff member thoroughly who I gave a headstart and I came out as the winner everytime. so the advantage is pretty big.

Banned

Thanks
    yes f0rce every1 t0 have decent fps that d0esn't ruin their game and d0nt aII0w them t0 take advantage - using 60 fps.

simiIar thing is used t0 take advantage in the event I0I-Race. very n0ticabIe with the gravity m0de.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    99% of the time jump boost gained from 60 fps is not the outcome deciding between who wins due to the countless factors that come into play when the host starts teleporting (due to the nature of where each player will face/move after teleporting).

This suggestion also focuses on a specific event rather than the whole picture. Lolrace specifically, has much higher impact for who uses 60 fps.

Either way, limiting to 60 fps isnt a cheat, its been known for a while, any player can do it with 2 button clicks so i dont think anything needs changing besides bringing awareness to the community for this behavior.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    99% of the time jump boost gained from 60 fps is not the outcome deciding between who wins due to the countless factors that come into play when the host starts teleporting (due to the nature of where each player will face/move after teleporting).

This suggestion also focuses on a specific event rather than the whole picture. Lolrace specifically, has much higher impact for who uses 60 fps.

Either way, limiting to 60 fps isnt a cheat, its been known for a while, any player can do it with 2 button clicks so i dont think anything needs changing besides bringing awareness to the community for this behavior.
    This discussion went on in the chatbox, I don't have experience with a lot of events, since events aren't really my thing, and I have merely focused testing the results based on this event. Which means I can't speak for other events, also perhaps my suggestion is wrong in the sense that it should be removed, but for me personally (self conclusion) it seemed like the best course of action for that now.

I'm not out here to try and get rid of events for the sake of getting rid of event. I'm all for people enjoying as much events as possible. But I'm here to spark the discussion on how to be able to host a fair and fun event for everyone. I am aware that setting your fps to 60 isn't a cheat, however people come to your event with hopes that they can do something they like and win themselves a reward with it, if the majority of the people aren't aware that changing your fps gives you an advantage, that would mean the chances of those who do are bigger, which kind of sucks. The least that can be done is to make things as enjoyable and as fun as possible or think of a solution to make something better. If we stop improving or thinking about things where will we end up? Anyways, even a thread or discussion on this forum like this can make people more aware, a description of event host with the events in question can help people out.

All I care about is a fun server, im not trying to take something away from someone, I am not trying to be a mad person to get something I want, I suggest something, because I feel like it could benefit the server and the people playing it.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    This discussion went on in the chatbox, I don't have experience with a lot of events, since events aren't really my thing, and I have merely focused testing the results based on this event. Which means I can't speak for other events, also perhaps my suggestion is wrong in the sense that it should be removed, but for me personally (self conclusion) it seemed like the best course of action for that now.

I'm not out here to try and get rid of events for the sake of getting rid of event. I'm all for people enjoying as much events as possible. But I'm here to spark the discussion on how to be able to host a fair and fun event for everyone. I am aware that setting your fps to 60 isn't a cheat, however people come to your event with hopes that they can do something they like and win themselves a reward with it, if the majority of the people aren't aware that changing your fps gives you an advantage, that would mean the chances of those who do are bigger, which kind of sucks. The least that can be done is to make things as enjoyable and as fun as possible or think of a solution to make something better. If we stop improving or thinking about things where will we end up? Anyways, even a thread or discussion on this forum like this can make people more aware, a description of event host with the events in question can help people out.

All I care about is a fun server, im not trying to take something away from someone, I am not trying to be a mad person to get something I want, I suggest something, because I feel like it could benefit the server and the people playing it.
    Well said, but in this case it would fit more in a debate thread due to the large scope and overall decision that has to be made (not a suggestion a developer can implement).

Bringing awareness to 60fps advantages is 1 possible step as many events have that small difference, but in my personal opinion, many people who join the event with hopes of winning have much more to improve before changing to 60 fps would give them an actual feel-able advantage.

Regardless, removing events is not a solution i would consider (simply because so many of them can give very very slight advabtages to 60 fps users (including dodgeball for example).

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Well said, but in this case it would fit more in a debate thread due to the large scope and overall decision that has to be made (not a suggestion a developer can implement).

Bringing awareness to 60fps advantages is 1 possible step as many events have that small difference, but in my personal opinion, many people who join the event with hopes of winning have much more to improve before changing to 60 fps would give them an actual feel-able advantage.

Regardless, removing events is not a solution i would consider (simply because so many of them can give very very slight advabtages to 60 fps users (including dodgeball for example).
    Beforehand I was wondering where I was supposed to post something like this, I wasn't sure whether suggestions would be the right place or somewhere else. That's something I can acknowledge as a possible fault of mine. but to go in depth on what you said, I think I'm relatively experienced in moving myself around and doing well in such an event (i was 4th place, i was doing well that round but tomus kept teleporting me till i was ded last place and then stopped summon) and had no clue about the whole fps business. and before people start accusing me of making a thread like this because I got 4th place which was just outside the range of prizes, I honestly don't care about event points or whatever and only addressed this because I took an interest in a guy that seemed to have a speed advantage over all the others everytime we had spawned or teleported and was wondering why that happened and once i found out tried doing some tests with it and address it.

So while I do think there are a lot of things to consider whether someone will win an event or not, 1 aspect of it can already affect the outcome a lot and I want to help out and make sure that chances for everyone are as equal as possible, thus all possible negative aspects of this story (that aren't player skills related) are as reduced as possible.

Kizie's Avatar Smile :)

Country
    Thanks
    His Explanation say's that It's not not about the Event Point. Taking this advantage's are quite unfair to people, Just to be fair event to everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information