Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KingScuba's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I think the main point Rob3n is trying to make is simply this.

"Why bother doing certain events when someone can cheese it by using glitches to gain an unfair advantage compared to an average user?"

I don't think it really matters about awareness on the glitch in question.

If there's a way to cheese the event by limiting your FPS to move faster, then there should probably be more moderation for the event in question, or simply scrap the event entirely except for lulz.

If there's a reward for an event, I personally think there should be zero tolerance for people cheesing it in these kinds of ways. It goes against the spirit of doing the event in the first place.

Mind, this is only under the assumption the player in question is tampering with their game on purpose to give themselves an unfair advantage. If their PC is actually so potato that they can only run the game on 60 fps.... I have concerns.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-19-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    I think the main point Rob3n is trying to make is simply this.

"Why bother doing certain events when someone can cheese it by using glitches to gain an unfair advantage compared to an average user?"

I don't think it really matters about awareness on the glitch in question.

If there's a way to cheese the event by limiting your FPS to move faster, then there should probably be more moderation for the event in question, or simply scrap the event entirely except for lulz.

If there's a reward for an event, I personally think there should be zero tolerance for people cheesing it in these kinds of ways. It goes against the spirit of doing the event in the first place.

Mind, this is only under the assumption the player in question is tampering with their game on purpose to give themselves an unfair advantage. If their PC is actually so potato that they can only run the game on 60 fps.... I have concerns.
    some people's pc can indeed not run faster than 60 fps, but thats besides the point.
    This isnt tampering with their game on purpose to gain an unfair advantage. The advantage is quite fair due to the point i brought up in an earlier post (especially since this is not a third party program, which would obviously not be allowed, yet is in many other games).
    Additionally, you cannot scrap the event and you cannot enforce this rule, because for (1) many other events abuse this and youre not gonna scrap 20 events because of it and (2) because its not realistically possible to enforce.
    The only solution in my opinion is either changing something about the way the game works to stop 60 fps from making you move slightly faster (idk if this is possible, mcsic?), or just live with it because its just a setting that any player can change just like any other.

Thread Information