Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,936
    Thanked
    2,736
    Thanks
    1,096
    Indeed, 60 fps gives an unfair advantage. So does spending time perfecting gameplay and learning medstyle to finish first in lolrace. People spent time tinkering with gameplay and discovering that 60 fps makes you move slightly faster. People also discovered you can kstyle and climb walls 14 years ago. This game is about discovering and people who spent lots of time playing gained an advantage over people who dont and the same people discovered 60 fps can make you move faster.

    Yes i know getting 4th place sucks. You spent the best part of 20 minutes and youre just about to win and then you lose. I completely understand the reasoning for creating this suggestion but again, if you played more or you had better luck with tomas's last teleport you wouldve won potentially +3 over the guy who runs fast.

  2. #12
    R0B3N's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Country
    Posts
    54
    Thanked
    36
    Thanks
    36
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Indeed, 60 fps gives an unfair advantage. So does spending time perfecting gameplay and learning medstyle to finish first in lolrace. People spent time tinkering with gameplay and discovering that 60 fps makes you move slightly faster. People also discovered you can kstyle and climb walls 14 years ago. This game is about discovering and people who spent lots of time playing gained an advantage over people who dont and the same people discovered 60 fps can make you move faster.

    Yes i know getting 4th place sucks. You spent the best part of 20 minutes and youre just about to win and then you lose. I completely understand the reasoning for creating this suggestion but again, if you played more or you had better luck with tomas's last teleport you wouldve won potentially +3 over the guy who runs fast.
    I respect your reply, but I think you missed everything I said.

    I disagree with your view on unfair advantages, I feel skill, training, finding out specific ways to play should be treated differently as changing something technical to boost your playing experiences.

    Second, the thing about me being 4th was an anecdote on what happened and had no relevance to me on an emotional level nor was it the basis of my complaint. My point is that you have to look at every aspect (that isn't player skillbased, but rather technical) and improve the feeling of fairplay. Whether that is encouraging or informing rather people of being able to move faster with 60 fps or other measures in this case. You want to prevent someone with less or equal amount of skill gaining an advantage over the person with that equal or higher level of skill by the use of setting something technical. However since this technical thing is available to everyone and legal it would be well advised to at least inform the people of the pros and cons of something like that in an event like this.

    I think we're not on the same line, If someone who is inexperienced playing this game loses in an event to someone who is more experienced because they trained more, that just means the newer or inexperienced player has to put more effort to catch up to the rest. But if that newer player would merely lose to such a technicality rather than because of their skill, it would seem unfair to me. Even though it's not illegal or that unfair, but what you want to accomplish is that you have as much of an equal chance as you can when on the same playing level.
    Last edited by R0B3N; 04-18-2021 at 06:39 PM.

  3. #13
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,936
    Thanked
    2,736
    Thanks
    1,096
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    I respect your reply, but I think you missed everything I said.

    I disagree with your view on unfair advantages, I feel skill, training, finding out specific ways to play should be treated differently as changing something technical to boost your playing experiences.

    Second, the thing about me being 4th was an anecdote on what happened and had no relevance to me on an emotional level nor was it the basis of my complaint. My point is that you have to look at every aspect (that isn't player skillbased, but rather technical) and improve the feeling of fairplay. Whether that is encouraging or informing rather people of being able to move faster with 60 fps or other measures in this case. You want to prevent someone with less or equal amount of skill gaining an advantage over the person with that equal or higher level of skill by the use of setting something technical. However since this technical thing is available to everyone and legal it would be well advised to at least inform the people of the pros and cons of something like that in an event like this.

    I think we're not on the same line, If someone who is inexperienced playing this game loses in an event to someone who is more experienced because they trained more, that just means the newer or inexperienced player has to put more effort to catch up to the rest. But if that newer player would merely lose to such a technicality rather than because of their skill, it would seem unfair to me. Even though it's not illegal or that unfair, but what you want to accomplish is that you have as much of an equal chance as you can when on the same playing level.
    Gaining an advantage by changing something technical about the game or improving skill wise are indeed 2 different things, but they are both completely valid. almost every popular game youd play nowadays, has tens of different settings that, some less obvious than others, give you an advantage over your opponent, for example league of legends and the target nearest button that new players have to have another player tell them about this feature for them to use.

    If someone who is newer loses to a technicality then he can seek out a guide (in gunz's case there are no guides due to the small community) that gives him tips and tricks on how to perform better by changing technical settings.

  4. #14
    justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Country
    Posts
    910
    Thanked
    260
    Thanks
    430
    Almost forgot to reply to this thread. Anyway personally its a No from me because, the host teleporting players also resets the lead advantage especially if the leader is in an animation lock. However do keep in mind that normal FPS gameplay is at 250, and anything lesser makes the character different to control, perhaps even harder. Also it isn't just this event, where FPS can lead to an advantage, and if we just remove this event for this reason it doesn't make sense as to why we keeping the others. Two instances of where FPS can play a part is in events, such as Medstyle or Dodgeball where FPS can determine which tricks you can do, or even if some rockets register as false positives.

  5. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

    TonySoprano (04-20-2021)

  6. #15
    New Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    16
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    8
    I think the main point Rob3n is trying to make is simply this.

    "Why bother doing certain events when someone can cheese it by using glitches to gain an unfair advantage compared to an average user?"

    I don't think it really matters about awareness on the glitch in question.

    If there's a way to cheese the event by limiting your FPS to move faster, then there should probably be more moderation for the event in question, or simply scrap the event entirely except for lulz.

    If there's a reward for an event, I personally think there should be zero tolerance for people cheesing it in these kinds of ways. It goes against the spirit of doing the event in the first place.


    Mind, this is only under the assumption the player in question is tampering with their game on purpose to give themselves an unfair advantage. If their PC is actually so potato that they can only run the game on 60 fps.... I have concerns.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-19-2021 at 07:41 PM.

  7. #16
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,936
    Thanked
    2,736
    Thanks
    1,096
    Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    I think the main point Rob3n is trying to make is simply this.

    "Why bother doing certain events when someone can cheese it by using glitches to gain an unfair advantage compared to an average user?"

    I don't think it really matters about awareness on the glitch in question.

    If there's a way to cheese the event by limiting your FPS to move faster, then there should probably be more moderation for the event in question, or simply scrap the event entirely except for lulz.

    If there's a reward for an event, I personally think there should be zero tolerance for people cheesing it in these kinds of ways. It goes against the spirit of doing the event in the first place.


    Mind, this is only under the assumption the player in question is tampering with their game on purpose to give themselves an unfair advantage. If their PC is actually so potato that they can only run the game on 60 fps.... I have concerns.
    some people's pc can indeed not run faster than 60 fps, but thats besides the point.
    This isnt tampering with their game on purpose to gain an unfair advantage. The advantage is quite fair due to the point i brought up in an earlier post (especially since this is not a third party program, which would obviously not be allowed, yet is in many other games).
    Additionally, you cannot scrap the event and you cannot enforce this rule, because for (1) many other events abuse this and youre not gonna scrap 20 events because of it and (2) because its not realistically possible to enforce.
    The only solution in my opinion is either changing something about the way the game works to stop 60 fps from making you move slightly faster (idk if this is possible, mcsic?), or just live with it because its just a setting that any player can change just like any other.

  8. #17
    wys

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Posts
    1,999
    Thanked
    431
    Thanks
    603
    very good suggestion. I like it brother.

    However allow removing events completely, instead we could have a room tag that locks these man's fps at 250. Which would be nice innit.

    Let me know what you think about this Roben


    hi aredus

  9. The following user said thank you to Mex for this useful post:

    Aredus (04-20-2021)

  10. #18
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    4,936
    Thanked
    2,736
    Thanks
    1,096
    Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    very good suggestion. I like it brother.

    However allow removing events completely, instead we could have a room tag that locks these man's fps at 250. Which would be nice innit.

    Let me know what you think about this Roben


    hi aredus
    And then people will find ways to allocate just enough resources to gunz to cap it at 50-70 fps?

  11. #19
    Aredus's Avatar Haha

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Country
    Posts
    193
    Thanked
    337
    Thanks
    106
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    And then people will find ways to allocate just enough resources to gunz to cap it at 50-70 fps?
    Then they can make it cap at 60 and none will have an advantage over others in such events



    hi mex
    Last edited by Aredus; 04-20-2021 at 02:02 PM.

  12. The following user said thank you to Aredus for this useful post:

    Mex (04-20-2021)

  13. #20
    wys

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Posts
    1,999
    Thanked
    431
    Thanks
    603
    Originally Posted by Aredus View Post
    Then they can make it cap at 60 and none will have an advantage over others in such events



    hi mex
    Adding to this, it will be a great idea to cap everyone’s fps to 60 so that there is the same advantage for everyone.

    Roben please read this and tell us what you think.

    hi Aredus how are you?

  14. The following user said thank you to Mex for this useful post:

    Aredus (04-20-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)