Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    the item has 30 more delay (which is very noticable when playing with it compared to training kodachi and blades of the warrior). can something be done to make them all equal delay, so that you can train with training kodachis and not have to change how the kodachi feels if you change to rusty?

R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I believe there is a kind of level balance that the higher the level of the weapon the better the delay becomes, when the damage upgrades at a certain level the delay is reset and gradually becomes better and this process repeats itself. So the weapons are relatively balanced this way, Rusty Kodachi is the lowest and weakest weapon and should remain so, even with a speed boost it will remain the weakest weapon by 5 damage, but I imagine you're asking for this for Gladiator matches where everyone uses the Rusty Sword as a balanced weapon, don't think I've heard of glads using Rusty Kodachi though.

If the request is for gladiator matches, I'd rather see a training kodachi made the same speed as the rusty, than making the rusty the same speed as the training kodachi. Since the people have been using Rusty weapons as their main gladiator weapon, I imagine these people are used to the speeds and how they work, that is why they choose the rusty weapon, would be a bit weird to change that.

If it isn't for gladiator specific matches, I don't see why it needs change tbh.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    I believe there is a kind of level balance that the higher the level of the weapon the better the delay becomes, when the damage upgrades at a certain level the delay is reset and gradually becomes better and this process repeats itself. So the weapons are relatively balanced this way, Rusty Kodachi is the lowest and weakest weapon and should remain so, even with a speed boost it will remain the weakest weapon by 5 damage, but I imagine you're asking for this for Gladiator matches where everyone uses the Rusty Sword as a balanced weapon, don't think I've heard of glads using Rusty Kodachi though.

If the request is for gladiator matches, I'd rather see a training kodachi made the same speed as the rusty, than making the rusty the same speed as the training kodachi. Since the people have been using Rusty weapons as their main gladiator weapon, I imagine these people are used to the speeds and how they work, that is why they choose the rusty weapon, would be a bit weird to change that.

If it isn't for gladiator specific matches, I don't see why it needs change tbh.
    The change is indeed for gladiator specific matches, but to specifically fix the inconsistency between the 3 kodachis - training, rusty and legendary. I'm fine with the legendaries having the lower delay due to it being legendary, but training with training kodachis then moving to rusty and realizing that the slashes youve done dont work anymore is kind of weird. Anyways, for the level balance, i personally dont think delay should be a factor of balance when you acquire higher level weapons, because that can completely change how the game feels. starting at level 1 and using the highest leveled weapon you can have as you level up means you constantly have to get used to new delays instead of focusing on other aspects of the game that you should improve. either way, if balancing by delay does stay, it shouldnt make sense that it goes from 290 to 260 then back to 290 when you get more damage, back down to 260 and repeat. this is just unnecessary play with the delay. Id prefer seeing ~1 damage increase for every higher level weapon, rather than 3-4 of them with the same damage and varying delay.

KingScuba's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    As a mainstay kodachi user, Can't say I've ever particularly noticed it... But I'd be in the boat of "Just make all kodachis the same speed regardless" camp.

The delay itself only reflects what you do on the ground in any case. And you won't notice it at all unless you're going for 3 to 4 ground slashes before blocking - which is not particularly viable in gladiator.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-02-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    As a mainstay kodachi user, Can't say I've ever particularly noticed it... But I'd be in the boat of "Just make all kodachis the same speed regardless" camp.

The delay itself only reflects what you do on the ground in any case. And you won't notice it at all unless you're going for 3 to 4 ground slashes before blocking - which is not particularly viable in gladiator.
    the main viability of having lower delay with kodachi (not even void slashing), is double slash+block while on the ground, which can be noticeably faster on botw compared to rusty.

KingScuba's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    the main viability of having lower delay with kodachi (not even void slashing), is double slash+block while on the ground, which can be noticeably faster on botw compared to rusty.
    can't pull any numbers for botw, but im going to assume its a top dmg kodachi. What be you doing with those in gladiator?

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    can't pull any numbers for botw, but im going to assume its a top dmg kodachi. What be you doing with those in gladiator?
    botw is the same as training in this instance, what i meant is the weapon's delay, which is the same as training's

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    We'll change training kods' delay to be same as rusty kods (just like training sword delay is the same as rusty sword).

Thread Information