Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    KingScuba's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion description: Create a way to one tap Dash for new players to get into the game. (Instead of WW, just W)

GunZ Is a pretty extreme game just from the basics mechanically, and most new players in my experience get turned off from having to dash AND do the mechanics.

Basically, Just create a simple keybind in the in game key config that flat out dashes with a basic delay built in (What a standard player could do in normal circumstances), but removes the ability to walk for the most part. This could serve as a nice training wheels of sorts to let people enjoy the game faster, but at the same time rewarding them for taking OFF the training wheels and learning how to fully dash once they come to terms with regular timings (Butterfly, HS, etc)

Not going to lie, back in international, this is what kept me going in the game at all. I setup a basic AHK script to output WASD as double taps. It was a great way to let me get into the game, and when I got a handle on everything, I took it off.

Limitations needed :

Unable to bind the dash key and regular movements.
    - This would make it so you cannot walk or utilize momentum control. This would be the reward for learning how to dash naturally.

Enable a minor delay
    - This delay between being able to input presses should be at roughly the same speed an average full speed player has access to, about a .2s ~ .25s Delay, meaning you should be able to get 4 ~ 5 dashes per second (2 HS or 3.5 BFLY Per Second is considered pretty decent speed)

- If the delay is too small, it can open up for abuse, if the delay is too long you get "Ghost" inputs, which are an equally bad issue.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-02-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Thread Information