R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

I would want an option to say hello or being able to chat with your friends properly.
    How? :

- In-Game when you press enter > Tab button, a selection of peoples names of the room you are in pops up and you are able to select one to accurately type their name. I wanted to suggest having a seperate selection menu for your friends if that is possible.

Why? :

- Many of my friends have those shitty colored usernames where they have ^something multiple times in their names and I'm really bad with memorising these codes, so it would be nice that when the game says " {x user} has logged in" I can just select them quickly ingame and whisper them hello. Or whenever I feel like it actually.
    Perhaps you could show people who are online and leave out people that are offline, but all up to you.

Different ways? :

- The only different way I can see is that you have a buddychat with a certain sign before it similar to clanchat being #. This would allow you to chat up with all of your friends, similar to MapleStory, but at the same time all your other friends might be flooded with chat too, so not sure if that is something you'd want.

I think GunZ is a community and much more than just your average shooting game, being able to chat more properly with your friends in any setting aside from voicechat, whether cw or event or tdm or whatever, would be a great way for everyone to socialize even more.

2. The following user said thank you to R0B3N for this useful post:

Polar (05-19-2021)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    On the buddychat suggestion, it already exists.

@<message> (Sends a message to the chat room you are currently participating in.)

/chatmake <room name> Creates a chat room with the given name (if available).
    /chatleave <room name> Leaves the chat room you are participating in.
    /chatinvite <character name> Invites the selected player into the chat room you are currently participating in.
    /chataccept Accepts and invitation to a chat room.
    /chatselect <room name> Selects a chat room to participate in (you must already be in the chat room). Used for chatting in multiple rooms.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    There is chat room and also you can see who online in your friend list by typing or using /friends this command.

your friends list is not same as your friend's friend list // you cant just use any symbol (# @ !) to chat on your friends list, logically it is not possible that's why /chatmake existed.
    Last edited by Faky; 05-19-2021 at 12:06 PM.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah it was way easier back when it was just 0-9 and A-G. Once they added H-Z it got a bit whack. That being said I love color codes so much I used to accidentally type #^A into the text box of basically anything I was playing that wasn't gunz. Long story short you might just want to take mental notes on what color codes your friends are anyway. What's stopping someone from making an account with a similar color that's a letter off, and they lie to you and say they stole your girl and you thought it was really your friend but it wasn't

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Yeah it was way easier back when it was just 0-9 and A-G. Once they added H-Z it got a bit whack. That being said I love color codes so much I used to accidentally type #^A into the text box of basically anything I was playing that wasn't gunz. Long story short you might just want to take mental notes on what color codes your friends are anyway. What's stopping someone from making an account with a similar color that's a letter off, and they lie to you and say they stole your girl and you thought it was really your friend but it wasn't
    This man speaks out of experience.
    On the real, you dont have to remember any color names. /friends command exists

Thread Information