Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gwai's Avatar Win Silently

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:

Maybe perm event item for large amount of Event Coins?

Country
    Thanks
    nah

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I disagree because let's say you want a specific item, you'll stop participating events once you get that item and then events will become less popular because some of the users join the events for that reason.

Country
    Thanks
    mhmm makes sense

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    I think we should've more items in Event Shop

MOTODECK's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I disagree because let's say you want a specific item, you'll stop participating events once you get that item and then events will become less popular because some of the users join the events for that reason.
    This

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Duplicate of https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...the-event-shop (which is already in "to be added later").
    Looking back a good price point would be 100-200 event points, for permanent items. I don't agree with the argument that items should only be rentable because after people get them they'd stop playing events, as at the moment event points have no use other than for transferring them to a more useful currency, coins, which they can use to buy permanent items, and then stop participating in events once they have those donation items if they wanted to.

I can tell from my own perspective and have many friends which feel the same, that the only reason to join events for those players and I is for fun, because we REALLY don't need event points for any purpose.
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-24-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    by making it rent only items they're baiting you into player more and more events, which is fine imo. If there's a permanent item i think it should be atleast 300 + points since that's only 600 coins anyway.

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Isn't Event JJANG permanent?
    Mine for sure is

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't agree with the argument that items should only be rentable because after people get them they'd stop playing events, as at the moment event points have no use other than for transferring them to a more useful currency, coins, which they can use to buy permanent items, and then stop participating in events once they have those donation items if they wanted to.

I can tell from my own perspective and have many friends which feel the same, that the only reason to join events for those players and I is for fun, because we REALLY don't need event points for any purpose.

I can see from both perspectives.

This is just an idea but I was originally thinking of suggesting a perm item to show off that you're an event god or something. When it came to the price, I was talking about some super absurd amount like 1000 event points to purchase the item. I thought that it would add longevity to events since people actually have something to grind towards. An item that flexes 1000 victories in events would be pretty cool IMO. At 3-5 games per set and lets say an average of 2-5 sets per day, you can get anywhere from 6-25 event points per day. If you divide 1000 by either number, you get a minimum of 40-167 days before someone can obtain the items. That number is ONLY IF they win EVERY SINGLE EVENT for those 40-167 days. If you factor in how highly unlikely it is for that to happen, we're looking at months of grinding before someone is able to purchase the item. Obviously, the numbers can be tweaked here and there.

Alternatively, maybe putting a limited supply or timeframe on the items will drive event popularity or maybe even bump up its daily active users. The limited supply or timeframe can drive urgency and demand up for the items. It's also beginner friendly since you don't need super spicy skills to win an event.

In my head, its a win-win. Players that don't play this game super competitively can have an alternative goal in mind with a lengthy amount of grinding to keep them occupied. Event games are already being hosted by the ETs so the only extra work would be creating new items and tweaking the website to list the item every few months. A higher cost with a supply and time limit can drive demand up because of the item rarity while giving whoever is creating new items plenty of time to make another. It's relatively low maintenance but do forgive me for my ignorance if I am wrong for I have no idea the work and time needed to create new items.

Worth trying IMO but just a suggestion xP.
    Last edited by Gwai; 06-25-2021 at 12:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information