Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I figured, I had to check it myself as well haha. Anyways, that still wouldn't be a solution because a decent player can create a new character and join the room and on the other hand, a noob player can level up his character to level 99 because it's not that hard and then he wouldn't be able join the room even though he's still considered as a new player. But I assume we'll see less people who abuse it and that could be a good idea for the new players.

Maybe we can take it to a new whole level and create a ranking system and the ranking itself will be per account and not per character. If the account was created in less than half a year ago, then your rank would be "New Player"/"Beginner", then you'd have "Veteran" and I guess the last category would be "Professional" or "Master", you could also add "Expert" somewhere in between. Even so, anyone can create a new account and still abuse it, like I said above, you can always find loopholes but it depends on how far we want to go with it. If it happens, people will be able to create room for "New Player"s only or for "Veteran"s only.
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I dont think basing anything off of levels is a good idea. People can spend 2 months in a training room and stay level 1. other people can quest for 1 day and reach level 99.
    The levels are meaningless in this game, and another method of checking how new a player is is required.
    Yeah, one possible solution is to turn this into a classification problem that will identify a person's skill level in one or all of the bartle taxonomy.

The main issue would be finding which combination of heuristics to use (k/d ratio, active in-game time, rebirth count, highscores, etc...), and what weight they hold, so you may evaluate the players, but you can reference skill based match making systems other games have implemented such as League of Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Overwatch, etc...

Once players are classified as pro/noob with respect to the average you could label them with a jjang, display their rating, and maybe give them damage reduction based on their individual skill-level or something less controversial I dunno.
    Last edited by Frooples; 07-08-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Thread Information