Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe we should encourage all of them to create rooms for specific levels, dunno how it's called but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. The noobs channel used to be very active when we had 300+ players but then it really became an AFK channel and you'd barely see a room there which is why I don't think it would work. And just like it was said above, even if 10 new players decide to create a room in the noobs channel, a single decent player can join the room with a new character and destroy everyone.

On the other hand, I don't think a decent player would put enough effort into creating a new character just to get to a specific room which is for specific levels, sounds less realistic to me even though it is possible. Overall, people will always find loopholes, even if it's locked on 1 account, I can use my friend's account or something or play from a different area and join the noobs channel just to destroy everyone (theoretically).

Daddy Tupac's Avatar The High One

Country
    Thanks
    Wasn't there already an option to put a level range on your room ? I can't find it so idk ima assume it was removed maybe ? But idk why it would be removed lol, if it wasn't, then there's your answer . Also you guys know you can just add a password an tell the noob friends you met that password then no one can bother you, yes ? Can't just make rooms for "noobs" an expect no one to join them when theres 80 players online an your room might be the only room playable at the time .

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Daddy Tupac View Post
    Wasn't there already an option to put a level range on your room ? I can't find it so idk ima assume it was removed maybe ? But idk why it would be removed lol, if it wasn't, then there's your answer . Also you guys know you can just add a password an tell the noob friends you met that password then no one can bother you, yes ? Can't just make rooms for "noobs" an expect no one to join them when theres 80 players online an your room might be the only room playable at the time .

You have to first create the room and then go to the settings inside, this is what I was talking about in my reply above your post. I think it's a great idea, maybe we should modify it a bit so we can actually put a minimum level and a maximum level and encourage the new players to use it.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/SIPKdiPh.jpg
    You have to first create the room and then go to the settings inside, this is what I was talking about in my reply above your post. I think it's a great idea, maybe we should modify it a bit so we can actually put a minimum level and a maximum level and encourage the new players to use it.
    Shit no wonder, I was lookin in the settings BEFORE creating the room, why I couldn't find it, but yeah for sure if they don't want high level people joining they could easily just add a restriction to play amongst themselves .

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Daddy Tupac View Post
    Shit no wonder, I was lookin in the settings BEFORE creating the room, why I couldn't find it, but yeah for sure if they don't want high level people joining they could easily just add a restriction to play amongst themselves .
    I figured, I had to check it myself as well haha. Anyways, that still wouldn't be a solution because a decent player can create a new character and join the room and on the other hand, a noob player can level up his character to level 99 because it's not that hard and then he wouldn't be able join the room even though he's still considered as a new player. But I assume we'll see less people who abuse it and that could be a good idea for the new players.

Maybe we can take it to a new whole level and create a ranking system and the ranking itself will be per account and not per character. If the account was created in less than half a year ago, then your rank would be "New Player"/"Beginner", then you'd have "Veteran" and I guess the last category would be "Professional" or "Master", you could also add "Expert" somewhere in between. Even so, anyone can create a new account and still abuse it, like I said above, you can always find loopholes but it depends on how far we want to go with it. If it happens, people will be able to create room for "New Player"s only or for "Veteran"s only.
    Last edited by Ommadawn; 07-07-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Country
    Thanks
    I figured, I had to check it myself as well haha. Anyways, that still wouldn't be a solution because a decent player can create a new character and join the room and on the other hand, a noob player can level up his character to level 99 because it's not that hard and then he wouldn't be able join the room even though he's still considered as a new player. But I assume we'll see less people who abuse it and that could be a good idea for the new players.

Maybe we can take it to a new whole level and create a ranking system and the ranking itself will be per account and not per character. If the account was created in less than half a year ago, then your rank would be "New Player"/"Beginner", then you'd have "Veteran" and I guess the last category would be "Professional" or "Master", you could also add "Expert" somewhere in between. Even so, anyone can create a new account and still abuse it, like I said above, you can always find loopholes but it depends on how far we want to go with it. If it happens, people will be able to create room for "New Player"s only or for "Veteran"s only.
    I like all that, though as you & others said above, probably wouldn't work well now, if the community grew more an we had more players online or more new players coming, then it would be a pretty good idea, but i'd assume it isn't really "worth doing" as of right now with the amount of players we have currently . Rank system does sound pretty tight tho .

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I dont think basing anything off of levels is a good idea. People can spend 2 months in a training room and stay level 1. other people can quest for 1 day and reach level 99.
    The levels are meaningless in this game, and another method of checking how new a player is is required.

Gwai's Avatar Win Silently

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I dont think basing anything off of levels is a good idea. People can spend 2 months in a training room and stay level 1. other people can quest for 1 day and reach level 99.
    The levels are meaningless in this game, and another method of checking how new a player is is required.
    Another good point.

Gwai's Avatar Win Silently

Country
    Thanks

I agree with Ommadawn

I believe that a ranking system with something similar to skill based matchmaking will help the popularity of GunZ.

To piggy-back off what Ommadawn said, I also believe if there was a ranking system based off of KD percentage or something and we went the other way instead to have a level requirement to join tiered games, it will allow beginner players to play against people with the same skillset.

If someone of spicier skill wanted to play in lower KD tier rooms they would have to throw their KDs and get a character up to lets say level 50. Once they achieve the targeted KD to play at a lower tier, their KDs will naturally go back up once again forcing them to throw their KD in order to reenter that skill tier. The ability to loophole is still there but we're making them work for it.

Additionally, what if the ranking system had rewards similar to how activity points work? o.o
    If you're an active higher skill level player, you get a little more compared to the tier below.

This way, it incentivizes trying in the game and getting a higher tier and deters people from going to lower skill games to kill beginners.
    Last edited by Gwai; 07-08-2021 at 02:14 AM.

Country
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Yeah, one possible solution is to turn this into a classification problem that will identify a person's skill level in one or all of the bartle taxonomy.

The main issue would be finding which combination of heuristics to use (k/d ratio, active in-game time, rebirth count, highscores, etc...), and what weight they hold, so you may evaluate the players, but you can reference skill based match making systems other games have implemented such as League of Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Overwatch, etc...

Once players are classified as pro/noob with respect to the average you could label them with a jjang, display their rating, and maybe give them damage reduction based on their individual skill-level or something less controversial I dunno.
    Last edited by Frooples; 07-08-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information