Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gwai's Avatar Win Silently

Country
    Thanks
    Yea, I believe that we're all on the same page. I definitely agree that there's a plethora of videos on YouTube that will teach new players. The reason I started this thread is what happens after the videos? A lot of the times, the players that are asking questions and asking for someone to teach them have already seen the videos. But they might have additional questions and are following the video to a T, but for some reason, they still cant get a move down. That might be where a Basics Instructor or Guide can come in handy for supplementary reasons. Not all problems are created equal so they need to be met with custom solutions.

The other day, me and Bonnie met a player named Dasai who saw a video and said he finally mustered up the confidence to download the game even though it seems really hard. We were teaching him BF and he got the correct keys down but it still seemed wonky for some reason. We then realized shortly after that it came down to his rhythm and timing. The time in between an attack block is less than the time spent jumping and dashing and is even more prevalent in DBF and TBF. That's when I realized that that's something often left out in a lot of the GunZ tutorials.

At the end of our little session of showing him moves, quests and itemizations, (which I give commends to for whoever came up with the PVE+ items cause it added to Dasai's excitement of the game) I gifted him a cosmetic set as a welcome gift. We were then met with something along the lines of "Thank you guys for teaching me you guys just made another future GunZ player."

I mention this not to toot my own horn but because it really had me thinking in the perspective of someone who get the opposite treatment. If someone like Dasai had to muster up the confidence to download the game because of the skill gap that he ONLY SAW THROUGH VIDEOS, I wonder how many others feel the same way. I believe that Dasai was given a good first impression of the game but for every Dasai out there, there are also many others that are met with silence after asking for help (which i am guilty for myself cause Dasai caught me on a good day). Not only that but through personal experience, people who ask for help or is actually trying to learn new moves are often met with bukkake from the rest of the room constantly getting attacked and bombed in a GOD tag room. If I was in that position i'd be annoyed and discouraged.

Regarding optimal binds I agree with both of you. There may be binds that require the least amount of movement for maximum effectiveness but some people also have been playing different grips, wrist or arm aimers, fingers don't twist a certain way, you name it for a long time. So good binds can be labeled good binds through technicality but good binds are also relative to each individual player. An example would be I reload on MB4 but some people reload on Middle Scroll Button. Technically middle scroll button can be the most optimal but i personally know that middle scroll button is not optimal for me, because ive played with middle finger on right click my whole life. If i were to move my middle finger to scroll, it would mess up my whole grip resulting in worse gameplay. Ben hit the spot when he said "they might be good for YOU but they might be bad for someone else."

But yea I believe having a basics instructor or guide teach a little of the basics and give a little orientation can really be nice for newer players.

2. The following user said thank you to Gwai for this useful post:

Amamin (07-11-2021)

Thread Information