Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    Hi,E
    very now and then I try to play FGunz a little but I always see maps invisible, my fps drops and and some in game actions causes my launcher to crash/close or w/e or it just closes on its own after fps drops and screen freezes.
    I've tried the FAQ section but nothing helped, I reinstalled FGunz in C:\ where the windows is downloaded and it didn't help.
    I'm running the game on Asus laptop ROG STRIX G17 with more than enough space and everything to have it running clean, but it still doesn't.
    might be a prob in my laptop I don't know, but I have almost nothing installed on it. I've added fgunz whole folder with launcher to the off limits files in my Kaspersky AV so it shouldn't be the AV.
    anyway I've added a screen recording so , thanks ahead for the help

In Game:^BS^9cava^E & ^6F^9adi^7

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    You have whitemap archetype + light map enable? Have u tried deleting config.xml in the folder?
    (Go to options Video > ll)
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

3. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Visionary (07-26-2021)

Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    Yes both Lightmap and Archetype config are enabled, and for some reason the game is running fine now.
    should I delete the config.xml though? would it help prevent it from happening again?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
    Yes both Lightmap and Archetype config are enabled, and for some reason the game is running fine now.
    should I delete the config.xml though? would it help prevent it from happening again?
    Back up the config.xml file, delete it from the freestyle folder then the game will start in default settings, check if the problem remains, if it still does, just drag old config.xml back in.

6. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Visionary (07-26-2021)

Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    thank you very much, if this is to happen again Imma try that for sure.
    for now I think we can close thread

Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    thank you very much, if this is to happen again Imma try that for sure.
    for now I think we can close thread
    It's still happening, earlier it was okay but now the game crashes again and it shuts on it own.
    I tried that thing with the config.xml but it didn't work, just a reset to the setting but it didin't help.
    putting it back in the folder didn't change anything either. it's just so weird that in my old shitty pc it runs almost clean and in this gaming laptop it sucks. might be the laptop??

Country
    Thanks
    It's still happening, earlier it was okay but now the game crashes again and it shuts on it own.
    I tried that thing with the config.xml but it didn't work, just a reset to the setting but it didin't help.
    putting it back in the folder didn't change anything either. it's just so weird that in my old shitty pc it runs almost clean and in this gaming laptop it sucks. might be the laptop??
    If you have NVIDIA, have you used NVIDIA Inspector or changed any graphics settings in the control panel? I suggest if you've changed any graphics settings then reset everything to default.

Also an important thing to do is to check if your graphics drivers are up to date:

Control panel:

10. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Visionary (07-26-2021)

Indeed a professional

Country
    Thanks
    Done,
    although I haven't changed anything NVIDIA related and all the drivers were up to date, the game seems to be working atm.
    I'll update if anything wrong happens

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    We currently have a known crash issue, that's not your fault. The stuff you experience may have to do with that issue. Until that's properly fixed from our side, you could enable D3D9EX option ingame. That option will cause FGunZ to use less RAM and crash less often.

Thread Information