Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunz

Suggestion description:
    A suggestion to allow afk in game in order for rooms to not disappear as much and for people to be able to create 24/7 rooms for increasing game population purpose.

If you allow afks in game, and instead of kicking them out of the game you make them give '0 exp' as reward for killing those people, it would allow more rooms to be created and maintained.

Of course killing afk people wouldn't count as part of K/D ratio for the killer too
    Last edited by Bewox; 08-05-2021 at 03:13 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to Bewox for this useful post:

Malependo (08-06-2021)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    What if there's only 1 person who stays afk in the room and he's basically catching a good room number, someone else has the possibility to make a good room where people would enjoy playing instead of that one room with 1 afk user?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    What if there's only 1 person who stays afk in the room and he's basically catching a good room number, someone else has the possibility to make a good room where people would enjoy playing instead of that one room with 1 afk user?
    I think being there only 2 pages of rooms every day it wouldn't be much of a difference, and also not many people would AFK in game. The benefit of having more rooms would be greater because there are so many people who want to play but won't create a room of any different specific type. But the ultimate best solution would be, if the OP of the room is inactive and no1 is joining the room then just change that room number to (last number on room page). Also don't let people afk in the Game room without being in game.

Legancy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I don't really see the benefit from this suggestion.
    first of all what omma says, it'll have rooms where only one player is afk in the gamelobby.
    next if u have an active room where players would want to join the afk player only takes up the spot for someone who actually does want to play.

Imo the way it currently is is fine. AFKs shouldnt be afk in an active room. being afk in the lobby is just fine.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Adding to my previous reply; Not only they can hold a good room number but AFK users also take a spot in this room, another user might wait outside the room because it's full.
    Overall, it shouldn't be a thing in my opinion.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I believe a good compromise that wouldn't require much effort to implement is to change the kick timer to 30 minutes, and make it/keep it 5 minutes for game-room afk (because such players do not actually contribute to all vs all gamemodes as such gamemodes finish when nobody is ingame, and the game has to be restarted).

however, a role of sorts should be added to players who are gone for more than 10 minutes where, like you say, they give no contribution when are killed, or lose any for that matter.

Country
    Thanks
    i prefer u to stay afk at lobby so no

Country
    Thanks
    agree with ya

kats's Avatar Bloody Red Wolf

Country
    Thanks
    No, thanks.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    This thread seems to go in the opposite direction from the trend where we are lowering the AFK timer. In an update a couple or so months back, we reduced the afk timer in game and in game rooms, thus I doubt we would accept this suggestion.

As for 24/7 rooms it would honestly have to depend on demand & these rooms take up space as well. Some times of the day some rooms are more popular than others, so it seems unlikely a 24/7 room would be more popular especially if people would want to play in a specific map, or a different map.

Closed & Moved (Declined)

Spoiler!

Thread Information