Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Here is an interesting demo I made like 3 years ago about the absolute default keybindings and how it would look like. Only shame is that my webcam was 30fps.
    Thinking back at it, these keybinds are absolutely crazy, makes even simple half-steps or slash-shots difficult to accomplish - You can see how my fingers are reaching far, crossing and doing all kinds of weird patterns in-order to do the simplelest of k-style moves.

Binds:
    1 - Sword
    2 - Gun
    3 - Gun2

R - Reload
    Flip - Q
    Block - E

Very, very bad binds. After like 10-13 years of playing with defaults I changed them, took me weeks of re-learning basic moves, reloadshotting, slashshots etc, but after a while I got used to them and now I can late-dash, blink, gdhs, dhs, you name it, I can probably pull it off. The moral of the story, bad binds hold you back from your true potential. If I used good binds from 2008, haha well, Its scary to think where I'd be in terms of movement.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

2. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Cid (08-23-2021)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Here is an interesting demo I made like 3 years ago about the absolute default keybindings and how it would look like. Only shame is that my webcam was 30fps.
    Thinking back at it, these keybinds are absolutely crazy, makes even simple half-steps or slash-shots difficult to accomplish - You can see how my fingers are reaching far, crossing and doing all kinds of weird patterns in-order to do the simplelest of k-style moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfb..._channel=Amers

Binds:
    1 - Sword
    2 - Gun
    3 - Gun2

R - Reload
    Flip - Q
    Block - E

Very, very bad binds. After like 10-13 years of playing with defaults I changed them, took me weeks of re-learning basic moves, reloadshotting, slashshots etc, but after a while I got used to them and now I can late-dash, blink, gdhs, dhs, you name it, I can probably pull it off. The moral of the story, bad binds hold you back from your true potential. If I used good binds from 2008, haha well, Its scary to think where I'd be in terms of movement.
    I don't recall block ever being on E, it was on shift, and flip was on right mouse button. Looking at the short clip you posted it seems that you never used E or F, whilst hovering over them consistently, which is why (in my logic) I learned the game with these keybinds;

movement: WASD
    Melee: Q
    First weapon: E
    Second weapon: F
    Reload: R
    block: right click
    flip: CTRL
    first item: 1
    second item: 2

everything is rather close allowing for fast combos without too much hand movement

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't recall block ever being on E, it was on shift, and flip was on right mouse button. Looking at the short clip you posted it seems that you never used E or F, whilst hovering over them consistently, which is why (in my logic) I learned the game with these keybinds;

movement: WASD
    Melee: Q
    First weapon: E
    Second weapon: F
    Reload: R
    block: right click
    flip: CTRL
    first item: 1
    second item: 2

everything is rather close allowing for fast combos without too much hand movement
    Yup, video shows defaults and under it I explained my overall old binds. But your binds are pretty solid, the only thing I'd suggest (if you're interested in optimization) is to make right click reload instead, since that removes the need to press 'R', enabling you to focus on movement more (your finger isn't occupied with R and can already dash/switch much quicker). But then you trade good butterfly for faster gunning, depends on if that tradeoff benefits your style.
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

5. The following user said thank you to Amers for this useful post:

Bunny (08-18-2021)

Thread Information