Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    I have been playing gunz for many many years with membrane keyboards (office type ) and I thought it was my skill that matters regardless of the equipment that I am using for example keyboard and mouse, and after changing keyboard and mouse(from office mouse to full blown gaming mouse - razer viper mini (highly recommend to those looking for claw type due to its really small size and super light weight, and really clicky click) oh god it changes the way I play gunz actually perform better than before, more efficient and less energy needed to perform the same move. Just recently I switched from office type membrane keyboard to full mechanical keyboard (brand: tecware, model: PHANTOM 2020 RGB MECHANICAL KEYBOARD (RED SWITCH Outemu), it has blue switch(clicky type so it will be the loudest when using), brown switch(tactile type, in between clicky and linear), red switch(linear type so it will be quietest among the 3 switches when using). I chose the red switch because I dont want noise when using keyboard and smooth click instead of clicky type. I picked this keyboard because it is one of the affordable ones out there with full RGB individual LED lit keys and you can swap out the switch to other type in my case from red switch to either blue or brown. However, since it is a rather low cost mechanical keyboard because it uses Outemu type switch(low cost) you cant swap to other type of switches, only Outemu. After few months of using it, the switch tends to bug out and cannot register the click, I had to swap it out with the extra 4 switches that came with the package, the extra 4 switches are given to you incase you have faulty switch on the default keyboard. Lesson learnt, low cost switches for mechanical keyboard don't last that long but is a good starter kit for those who is interested to get into mechanical keys. Lucky enough I tried my friend's mechanical keyboard from Ducky that uses high grade switches (Cherry MX, red too), it is much smoother than my Outemu switch, really high quality switch, never bug out or things like cannot register click, but you cannot swap out the switches because it is soldered into the board.

I don't think I will ever go back to membrane keyboard for playing Gunz. But for general use, mechanical could be hit-or-miss for certain user, but it is definitely not a bad choice either and there are many different types of high grade keyboard out there.

My suggestion is that if possible you should try out the keyboard at the store or from friends and see if it suits your style. If you wish to use for long term, you will be much happier with spending a little extra for a good keyboard.

2. The following user said thank you to whateveruwant for this useful post:

Amers (08-21-2021)

Thread Information