Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ijramist's Avatar 𝗶𝗷𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁

Country
    Thanks

Hello, the provided video simply shows you all how much the damage system is barely effective.
    Before I get into explaining the cases in the video, lemme clear out a quick thing.
    NetSpeed.PNG
    My net is pretty decent, I didn't have any spikes during the gameplay in the vidoe. Plus, my opponents ping wasn't above 80 and they actually had a stable net too and didn't lag at all. So, PBs weren't registering NOT due to net issues.
    Let's get into our cases that need to be verified:

Case 1 : in 00:02 a 0 range hit which is supposed to make around 108 dmg I guess ? (Full PB) has actually made 45 DMG.
    Case 2 : in 00:08 another close-range hit which is supposed to make plenty of damage has actually made 18 DMG.
    Case 3 : in 00:10 2 centered middle-range hits (1st hit made 45 DMG, 2nd hit made 36 DMG). Can we compare case 3 and case 2 please ? since when middle-range hits deal more damage than close-range hits ?
    Case 4 : in 00:13 another 0 range well-centered hit which is supposed to make a full PB has actually made 45 DMG.
    Case 5 : in 00:17 static distance between me and the enemy, centered crosshair, 2 hits were dealt - each hit made DIFFERENT DMG. (1st hit made 63 DMG, 2nd hit made 30 DMG) - we are talking about 2 hits that have more than a TWOFOLD DMG difference. Although knowing that the 2 hits have no prominent outer factors, unless we take the bullets spread into consideration - each hit the shotgun did, it threw different bullets distribution. However, that still doesn't clarify a TWOFOLD DMG difference! Besides, I had no teammates behind me that contributed in damaging the enemy, I faced him alone. I even whispered the guy right after the kill if my 2 shots hit him any hard and he said that one did and one didn't.
    Case 6 : in 00:23 the first two shots I made on him during a backstab - (1st one made 54 DMG, 2nd one made 108 DMG). 2 solid shots were done. Our current case pretty similar to case 5 right now. However, we are talking about a pretty close-range now. 2 hits, almost same close range between me and the enemy, another TWOFOLD DMG difference existed.

Summary: The cases I just mentioned are presenting an irritating logic. The clips were taken from a single recording of 20 minutes.
    I could provide more cases too, I was just too lazy to catch more. Regarding the spread, I believe it's good.
    Regarding anti-lead, the video explains enough. I've visited the latest updates that were released, no changes were made that has to do with
    anti-lead. Most of the updates consisted a lot of new nice added features, however these updates doesn't help the players that are into clan wars.
    FGunZ's daily online players range between 90-110 let's say, and most of the time clan wars are just pretty dead. Basically, reviving clan wars
    will surely increase the game's active players and I highly believe that it would be revived once you fix the way shotguns damage register.
    Nowadays, FGunZ lacks them competitive clan warriors who always made the game more entertaining. Get them back by having a decent
    damage system. Make your best and good luck with that. I hope to see a complete professional update related to our main issue.
    Last edited by ijramist; 08-22-2021 at 10:48 PM.

2. The following 15 users say thank you to ijramist for this useful post:

Akimbo (08-26-2021), Amamin (08-25-2021), Amers (08-23-2021), Avenge (08-25-2021), Faky (08-23-2021), Flow (08-25-2021), Jonathan pls (08-22-2021), Mattie (08-23-2021), Overdrive (08-23-2021), Ricky (08-22-2021), RlCK (08-24-2021), Tzunami best0 (08-23-2021), Victory (09-18-2021), yanmek3 (08-22-2021), yas6en (08-22-2021)

Jonathan pls's Avatar Uh suma luma duma luma

Country
    Thanks
    Very well written, this has been an issue for a long time.

4. The following user said thank you to Jonathan pls for this useful post:

ijramist (08-22-2021)

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks

6. The following user said thank you to Overdrive for this useful post:

ijramist (08-23-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    I think the DMG system is fine as is, I adore the chills it gives me when I finally roll a high DMG shot.

Bless the RNG gods who look down on us from above and may they bless me with more high DMG rolls.
    Oh, and I hope they bless you too!

8. The following user said thank you to Skilly for this useful post:

o_o (08-23-2021)

Thanks
    i think they should leave it the way it is, it doesnt need to be buffed. main issue is 10-13 damage shotguns, they need to be removed from cw
    Last edited by o_o; 08-23-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    i've had many instances like this as well, where i felt like i should've done so much more. But difference is i have pellets turned on and i rewatch the replays. and while its crazy to know you can miss at that range, its rng of the pellets afterall. the very slightest movement right before you shoot greatly affects your outcome - and you'll only get to see this affect with pellets on

case 1,2,6 - your low dmg shots seemed to be flicks that involve the very slightest movements right before you shoot
    case 3 - shots here did what they were supposed to because these were stable shots and not movement-related shots like case 2
    case 4 is the only sus clip imo, but you'll never know if you don't have pellets turned on.
    case 5 - your second shoot mightve hit for more, but was only able to register 30 because of opponents hp, so you never actually get to find out how much the second shoot did

Banned

Thanks
    But I think they got other things I mean important things to be working on, be patient.

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    ye its weird for me too, I guess its just the RNG spread, some rounds you miss center, get high dmg, some rounds you hit dead center and get 9 dmg. lol
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

ijramist's Avatar 𝗶𝗷𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    i've had many instances like this as well, where i felt like i should've done so much more. But difference is i have pellets turned on and i rewatch the replays. and while its crazy to know you can miss at that range, its rng of the pellets afterall. the very slightest movement right before you shoot greatly affects your outcome - and you'll only get to see this affect with pellets on

case 1,2,6 - your low dmg shots seemed to be flicks that involve the very slightest movements right before you shoot
    case 3 - shots here did what they were supposed to because these were stable shots and not movement-related shots like case 2
    case 4 is the only sus clip imo, but you'll never know if you don't have pellets turned on.
    case 5 - your second shoot mightve hit for more, but was only able to register 30 because of opponents hp, so you never actually get to find out how much the second shoot did
    Flicking and moving faster DOESN'T affect the damage. I can get examples of players who actually flick and move pretty fast and yet they still can deal a lot of damage.
    However, since we got a damage issue in this server - the people I'm talking about would still not hit hard despite their flicks and moves. Everytime I hop on to play, I keep changing the style I play, sometimes I track, move slow and walk, sometimes I move fast and flick a lot. Yet, same various weird damage registering happen whatever your style is during playing. As long as a player can actually moves fast and flick and aim pretty well at the same time, then he still can deal good damage, but the issue we are facing doesn't help. If I didn't convince you, we can go in-game and have some battles by implementing different gameplays (slow and fast) + (flicking and tracking), then I'll prove my point that I can actually hit hard and cannot hit hard in any style of gameplay I stick to.

Therefore, cases 1,2 and 6 have nothing to do with flicks. In my unedited video - without slow-motions, I was actually tracking.
    I mentioned case 3 in order to have a comparison of how damage registered in close-range and middle-range. Clearly, you can see middle-range shots dealt almost as same as a close-range shots which makes no sense. In case 4, even if I had my bullets shown, that still doesn't explain why I dealt 45 damage PB. The shotgun I used in that shot was a 9 damage - which means it throws 10-12 bullets at a time, each bullet does 9 damage. Let's be more light and take the minimum bullets a shotgun threw - 10 bullets.
    So, since the shot made 45 damage that means only 5 bullets touched the enemy in our close-range (45/9=5). However, my crosshair was well-centered when I shot, and only HALF of the bullets touched my enemy in a close-range - no logic exists. Now, if we consider that the shotgun threw 11 or 12 bullets then that will make our case even worse. Regarding case 5, it's the only thing I agree with you. It's true he died, and damage only calculates what has left of hp/ap of the enemy, didn't take that into consideration, thank you for clearing this out.

14. The following user said thank you to ijramist for this useful post:

Hart (08-23-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ijramist View Post
    Flicking and moving faster DOESN'T affect the damage. I can get examples of players who actually flick and move pretty fast and yet they still can deal a lot of damage.
    However, since we got a damage issue in this server - the people I'm talking about would still not hit hard despite their flicks and moves. Everytime I hop on to play, I keep changing the style I play, sometimes I track, move slow and walk, sometimes I move fast and flick a lot. Yet, same various weird damage registering happen whatever your style is during playing. As long as a player can actually moves fast and flick and aim pretty well at the same time, then he still can deal good damage, but the issue we are facing doesn't help. If I didn't convince you, we can go in-game and have some battles by implementing different gameplays (slow and fast) + (flicking and tracking), then I'll prove my point that I can actually hit hard and cannot hit hard in any style of gameplay I stick to.

Therefore, cases 1,2 and 6 have nothing to do with flicks. In my unedited video - without slow-motions, I was actually tracking.
    I mentioned case 3 in order to have a comparison of how damage registered in close-range and middle-range. Clearly, you can see middle-range shots dealt almost as same as a close-range shots which makes no sense. In case 4, even if I had my bullets shown, that still doesn't explain why I dealt 45 damage PB. The shotgun I used in that shot was a 9 damage - which means it throws 10-12 bullets at a time, each bullet does 9 damage. Let's be more light and take the minimum bullets a shotgun threw - 10 bullets.
    So, since the shot made 45 damage that means only 5 bullets touched the enemy in our close-range (45/9=5). However, my crosshair was well-centered when I shot, and only HALF of the bullets touched my enemy in a close-range - no logic exists. Now, if we consider that the shotgun threw 11 or 12 bullets then that will make our case even worse. Regarding case 5, it's the only thing I agree with you. It's true he died, and damage only calculates what has left of hp/ap of the enemy, didn't take that into consideration, thank you for clearing this out.
    Flicking and moving your cursor rapidly right before you shoot has everything to do with how much you deal simply because of mouse sensitivity.
    Here’s an extremely simple and easy to understand concept. You experiment with 2 shots from the exact same distance
    First shoot - you place your cursor right in the middle on someone who isn’t moving and shoot. You’ll deal a consistent and high amount.
    Second shoot - you take the same distance and the same person that isn’t moving, but this time you move your cursor right to left and shoot.
    Do you think you will deal as consistent and as much damage on the second shot compared to the first? If your answer is no then my case for 1,2,6 stands.

The milliseconds of movements right before a shot goes off plays an extremely big part in your dmg. Without pellets, this is impossible to see. But if you try and play with pellets on and go back to watch the replays, you’ll see how cursor placement during fast movement greatly affects aim.

On the topic of how some players can move extremely quick but still deal consistent dmg. Some players are just better than us at the game. Comparing yourself to another player isn’t comparing apples to apples.

Btw I get where you’re coming from. But unless pellets are turned, you have nothing on your case.

16. The following 2 users say thank you to Hart for this useful post:

McSic (08-24-2021), Ommadawn (08-23-2021)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information