Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

PURE GLAD CODE, NO HP/AP SPAWNS, RUSTY SWORD FORCE EQUIP

Just like with the [SGO] etc, make it so when the pure glad code is on you can ONLY equip swords and your equips are removed otherwise

The best thing about room options/settings is being able to create your own niche environment that can foster better gameplay than a vanilla room setup would. Over time we have added codes that have become a staple for gladiator rooms, such as the GLAD code that removes all weapons and items and the vanilla code that reduces the amount of time it takes to get a kill in glad with hp/ap hikes.

There are an abundance of lagging, shit talking, noob kids that go into open glad rooms solely to KS from a fight, and then run away and run the map getting HP spawns, getting help from friends and essentially taking advantage of every other player who is actually trying to have a good time. This includes
    - kids with bigswords
    - laggers using dagger and elunge at 250 ping
    - kodachi fans can literally go make their own room and do whatever they want, I use kodachis ALL THE TIME but I am sick of dagger and double sword users, especially the laggers.

Trying to deal with laggers who run away, circle med spawns for minutes and only use weapon types that assist them in running away/trolling can be significantly cut down on with a pure glad room code.

TLDR;

sword/rusty only ( either is PERFECT ), no health or armor spawns for runner noobs to camp or circle the map for.

Sincerely yours
    -Cid F. Highwind

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Cid for this useful post:

chaelee (08-25-2021), Gwynbleidd (08-24-2021), Love Donna (08-23-2021)

Banned

Thanks
    There are no more pure gladder on this server they've left, deal with the bullshit for now.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    sword/rusty only ( either is PERFECT )
    Could also make every sword have the rusty delay & DMG, then there would be no need to release gladiator friendly swords like the new Fire/Ice Katanas which have trash damage outside of GLAD and allow glads to have more choice in the look of their weapon

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    There are no more pure gladder on this server they've left, deal with the bullshit for now.
    That's not true, the gladiator scene on fgunz is truly the best it has been in recent years. There are also a lot of new players who are trying to learn sword and a sword only code at least would cut down on things I mentioned earlier.

Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
    Could also make every sword have the rusty delay & DMG, then there would be no need to release gladiator friendly swords like the new Fire/Ice Katanas which have trash damage outside of GLAD and allow glads to have more choice in the look of their weapon
    Look I was gifted an ice sword and I feel blessed. One thing that sort of annoys me is when people get VERY upset about me using a sword that isn't actually rusty, and accusing me of not using rusty sword in a room that has [ RUSTY ONLY ] etc in title... when I explain that my weapon is the same stats of rusty it normally takes other people to reaffirm I'm not lying, or showing them I only deal 15 damage per strike etc. I am not necessarily arguing for rusty only but SWORD only is the most important thing. Even if someone is using a donor sword, 28 damage, you still aren't at that much of a disadvantage using a store sword that's like 23 damage. I'm not trying to discriminate against people who got the fancy swords or the pay to win swords, I just literally want a sword only game code. This system of " rusty only " and having GM's try to moderate it is ridiculous and I have argued fgunz should have a sword only code for many years, I believe I suggested it before when I was staff.

Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    add flip plz
    ok

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    not true.. i have a few friends in Clans purely for glad and stay true to the glad community.. such as GladSchool and -School-.. examples of clans which has a lot of players which only do gladiator..

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    So.. a new tag that includes everything or a new mode? (GladCore or something)

8. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Emerald (08-26-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    Best case scenario , it would be 2 or 3 separate additions. Sword only should be a room option, and hpap spawn disable should also be a separate room option. That way people can have a deathmatch with no hpap spawn camping , but also even just a glad room with no hpap spawns but no sword only tag would be fun on some maps or for people who care less.
    Having sword only and hpap spawn disable as two separate commands adds for more flexibility than a "pure glad" code, sounds less pretentious and has a wider application as two different options. I really don't care about sword damage/rusty as much as sword only and hpap spawn disable. The only reason adding a rusty dmg code would be useful is that currently the GMs moderate "rusty only rooms" and it's a shitshow. An absolute shitshow.

Honestly I also think training insta swords should be completely removed from the game or at least banned outside of training rooms. However if someones abusing them you just have to go equip it yourself [or be better plainly]

inxeres's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Honestly, revamping the GLAD tag to fit these extra requirements is good enough, but if you do that, you might need to revamp the in game events. So a separate tag might be good.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by inxeres View Post
    Honestly, revamping the GLAD tag to fit these extra requirements is good enough, but if you do that, you might need to revamp the in game events. So a separate tag might be good.
    Agreed, I do think this would be a good addition as all separate parts for that reason and some others listed above.

[ x ] No HP/AP spawns
    [ x ] Swords Only

I think the rusty code would have to be called like Force Rusty or something?

Thread Information