Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Be oldschool and learn the classic way:

1. Go ask people in training rooms for help on how to play the game.

2. Practice.

3. Don't be a dummy and join a tdm right away unless you actually think you learned something, rather do deathmatch and practice ur skills.

4. If step 3 didn't work out , repeat step 1.

But we are clearly not a big enough server to seperate players from each other. Count the rooms.
    This, I often feel like that this generation lacks the asking part and just assumes there is a tutorial on a silver plate.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This, I often feel like that this generation lacks the asking part and just assumes there is a tutorial on a silver plate.
    To be fair I do see a lot of new people come in a room, tell everyone they're new, and ask someone to teach them. As someone who's been taught and have tried teaching, I personally think mentorship works best if the person trying to learn followed a tutorial first.

3. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Ommadawn (11-24-2021)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    To be fair I do see a lot of new people come in a room, tell everyone they're new, and ask someone to teach them. As someone who's been taught and have tried teaching, I personally think mentorship works best if the person trying to learn followed a tutorial first.
    Sorry I have to correct myself where it can go two ways; I do think an ingame tutorial can be nice but I feel like being taught by another more experience player (aka a mentor) has it's charm for this game, probably because that is how stuck with this game years ago cause of that method, on a more personal level instead of following a "computer generated" tutorial.

Thread Information