Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Be oldschool and learn the classic way:

1. Go ask people in training rooms for help on how to play the game.

2. Practice.

3. Don't be a dummy and join a tdm right away unless you actually think you learned something, rather do deathmatch and practice ur skills.

4. If step 3 didn't work out , repeat step 1.

But we are clearly not a big enough server to seperate players from each other. Count the rooms.
    This, I often feel like that this generation lacks the asking part and just assumes there is a tutorial on a silver plate.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This, I often feel like that this generation lacks the asking part and just assumes there is a tutorial on a silver plate.
    To be fair I do see a lot of new people come in a room, tell everyone they're new, and ask someone to teach them. As someone who's been taught and have tried teaching, I personally think mentorship works best if the person trying to learn followed a tutorial first.

3. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Ommadawn (11-24-2021)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    To be fair I do see a lot of new people come in a room, tell everyone they're new, and ask someone to teach them. As someone who's been taught and have tried teaching, I personally think mentorship works best if the person trying to learn followed a tutorial first.
    Sorry I have to correct myself where it can go two ways; I do think an ingame tutorial can be nice but I feel like being taught by another more experience player (aka a mentor) has it's charm for this game, probably because that is how stuck with this game years ago cause of that method, on a more personal level instead of following a "computer generated" tutorial.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Gunz is not for new generation kids, well if they want to enjoy this game I would like to suggest them to play only Zombie / Turbo / Quest Modes. Trust me Infected (zombie mode) will be your addiction more than drugs. Please request to new players to try it don't let them to quit or give up on amazing game.

I used to play 8hrs a day and ofc now I'm playing events only it's kinda dying so pls do join events @everyone
    Last edited by Faky; 11-24-2021 at 07:55 PM.

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

champlooTTV's Avatar Twitch Streamer

Country
    Thanks
    Certain hardcore games have groups dedicated to teaching new people, like Escape From Tarkov has the Sherpa program and such. Maybe something like that could help?

I understand the notion of learning the old school way, getting beat up until you start beating up, but I care more about seeing new players stick around more than I care about the "oh back in my day...". There is a big issue with retaining new players and I just wanted to bring it up and maybe see if we could start to find a solution.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Totally forgot to mention that Frooples is working on a bot which could be useful in learning the game!

8. The following 3 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Amamin (11-26-2021), champlooTTV (11-25-2021), Frooples (11-26-2021)

champlooTTV's Avatar Twitch Streamer

Country
    Thanks
    whaaat that would be sick! <3

New OLDGEN

Country
    Thanks
    Biggest issue I see is almost no one is giving these new players a chance to play or get better. I do as much teaching as I possibly can to the loads of new players we are currently getting but it seems like the majority stop playing after one or two days unless I constantly work with them for the first week or so. Try to take some time to take new people on some easy quests and whatnot. I like to bring them to FGK because it’s an easy way for them to start learning the movements and they won’t get discouraged from constantly getting clapped from the massive skill gap. Their is such a huge resurgence in Gunz right now and this is probably one of the last chances we have at trying to retain new players. I know it’s not super fun to walk someone through the basics of Gunz but it is absolutely needed in order to keep this game going in the future. If you see a new guy in a death match or TDM don’t go crazy hard on them. Let them get a kill here and there. Between the twitch streamers and apparently Tiktok we are getting so many new players that are a younger age and this is such an awesome chance to bring the game to another generation to enjoy.

Also regarding making a group to help show new players the ropes I would be 100% into either creating that or at least being a part of it. That sounds like such an awesome idea and we should figure out the best way to go about creating that.
    Last edited by Waex; 11-27-2021 at 07:53 PM.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by champlooTTV View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    So wasn't there lobbies for lower levels back before ijji days? I'm just curious really because I feel like new people getting destroyed by players is the main reason that GunZ has retention issues. GunZ is a cool game, and I think everybody enjoys playing it. But nobody likes spawning right into some 10+ year veteran triple butterflying and gd half stepping them to death in .2 seconds. I just got my friend (Caligraphee) into GunZ and she was talking to me about how it sucks just getting smacked over and over, but that just going into a training room is boring.

Could there maybe be some implementation to make it easier for new players? Like lvl restricted room/lobbies?
    Moving this to To be added later. Level Restricted lobbies are a thing of the past, instead we have ELO restricted lobbies.

However, our bot (AI) developer Frooples is working on the functionality of a bot teaching players how to play in training rooms (in-progress), see his Training Bot Blog for more information, see StephanM's post for where this is said.

Spoiler!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information