Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New OLDGEN

Country
    Thanks
    Biggest issue is the skill gap. New players don't stick around long because of it. I've found so far the best way to get them into it is via questing and then teaching them moves in private training matches here and there. Eventually you see that spark light and they start actually joining into TDMs and holding their own. It's just so hard though when they come directly into game and go into a TDM and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't play for long either If all that would happen is me getting killed constantly with no guidance to get any better. Best thing you could do is stream and then take that time to guide those new players in. At least taking them in quests teaches them the basics while also giving them progress. Just such a hard game to get into really. I agree with you 100% always been on the cusp of mainstream. If it were possible to make leveled lobbies or rooms that limit K/D's over a certain ratio that could be a starting point to get new players to play against other new people. Either way man, definetly stream!! Thats such a good source for getting new people in as well as showing them how to do things. I know their is a ton of people who wanna be able to enjoy this game for years to come.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Waex View Post
    Biggest issue is the skill gap. New players don't stick around long because of it. I've found so far the best way to get them into it is via questing and then teaching them moves in private training matches here and there. Eventually you see that spark light and they start actually joining into TDMs and holding their own. It's just so hard though when they come directly into game and go into a TDM and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't play for long either If all that would happen is me getting killed constantly with no guidance to get any better. Best thing you could do is stream and then take that time to guide those new players in. At least taking them in quests teaches them the basics while also giving them progress. Just such a hard game to get into really. I agree with you 100% always been on the cusp of mainstream. If it were possible to make leveled lobbies or rooms that limit K/D's over a certain ratio that could be a starting point to get new players to play against other new people. Either way man, definetly stream!! Thats such a good source for getting new people in as well as showing them how to do things. I know their is a ton of people who wanna be able to enjoy this game for years to come.
    I agree, I also think the skill gap is a big issue for users who recently downloaded the game. However, I always see people teaching new users in most of the training rooms and some of them even ask us questions in FGunZ Discord which is a good thing. Another huge plus is the training bot, Frooples is working on it and you can see everything here: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...9-Training-bot

With the training bot, new users will be able to practice as much as they want without actually losing EXP/KD. I still don't know if there gonna be levels for the bot but that could be a good thing: Beginner, Advanced, Expert, etc.

3. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Frooples (12-20-2021)

Thread Information