Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    I played Igunz and ijji religiously. this is by far my favorite game ever and I always felt like it was on the cusp of being mainstream but it never made it. I Hate thats the reality of it all. But there has got to be a way that we can get new players to download. does anyone have any ideas? I am going to rack my brain and figure some shit out. we dont need a crazy amount. but if we could have a few hundred people playing daily that would be amazing. id be willing to put money into advertisement. my own social medias have a small following that i could convince to try out a new game as well.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Fearlesss for this useful post:

Burst (01-01-2022), Cid (01-13-2022), zerojjxx (12-21-2021)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Where would you advertise FGunZ? All I can think about is Facebook and Instagram. We used to have a page on Facebook but I think it's not a thing anymore.
    There were a few streamers who played and talked about FGunZ which is how we had a wave of new players and that's a nice thing.

Thanks
    I have been contemplating streaming. I stand out. I am pretty much 100% covered in tattoos including my face lol. I have a following on instagram, i dont know how many gamers are amongst them but Im going to start posting gameplay on my instagram as well as facebook. we need to get any loyal players to stream. every new player counts. im going to look into how much paid sponsorships on facebook are. with the right clip we can grab people attention, gunz is an amazing game we just have to show people it exists. fgunz should have a youtube channel for sure. id be glad to put together a youtube channel if you guys like that idea. maybe put some flyers in gamestops and random places like that. Like i said we dont have to have unrealistic goals. but if we could average 500 players in the lobby at any given time. give or take, wed be doing pretty good. I refuse to give up on this game. i made lifelong friendships on it and had so much fun playing it growing up, I want to make sure other kids have the opportunity to have the same experience
    Last edited by Fearlesss; 12-19-2021 at 06:04 PM.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to Fearlesss for this useful post:

Ommadawn (12-20-2021), SuperKekku (12-20-2021), zerojjxx (12-21-2021)

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    main advertisement platforms for gaming would be streaming twitch, youtube or Facebook which would be free outbound marketing...the other inbound/outbound marketing tactics would be to use paid ads through Facebook or youtube but that's solely up to you to use them... you might want to get permission from the devs as well because if you bring in commission through clicks or views the server needs a percentage of that amount since they are the owners.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    wish you luck, but as a realist i wonder how you're going to keep the attention of new players on this game whether you're able to bring them in or not.

gunz isn't something you can just pick up easily and have fun on; you actually need to spend time learning how to play the game. it isn't like other games where i think you're still able to have fun despite having no idea what's going on. you're playing against people who've played this game for years with good aim and movement, and you're just starting out.

i suppose people could just spray and pray or "play for fun", but ultimately i think that the amount of times a new player is going to spend dead and out skilled by older players will make the experience a not so great one. which, isn't your fault obviously as it's just the way players have developed the game since it released. nonetheless, good luck!

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

8. The following 2 users say thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Desecration (01-12-2022), Mattie (12-23-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    wish you luck, but as a realist i wonder how you're going to keep the attention of new players on this game whether you're able to bring them in or not.

gunz isn't something you can just pick up easily and have fun on; you actually need to spend time learning how to play the game. it isn't like other games where i think you're still able to have fun despite having no idea what's going on. you're playing against people who've played this game for years with good aim and movement, and you're just starting out.

i suppose people could just spray and pray or "play for fun", but ultimately i think that the amount of times a new player is going to spend dead and out skilled by older players will make the experience a not so great one. which, isn't your fault obviously as it's just the way players have developed the game since it released. nonetheless, good luck!
    I agree to an extent. If there arent enough new players then yes they will absolutly be run off by older skilled players. But if there are enough new players there will be games that mainly consist of people that are just spraying and tumbling. as long as there is a solid amount of og players that will have training rooms and spread knowledge then the new players that end up sticking around will be able to learn. newbies can have fun spraying and questing until they slowly learn new styles and pick things up over time. focus on the forums is a must as well. this is the central hub of it all. we need in depth guides to each style for new players. amongts alot of other things. I would for sure get permission from devs before I paid for any ads on facebook or another social media. im not looking to gain anything from this I wouldnt need commission. I just want to make sure this game doesnt die and fade away.

New OLDGEN

Country
    Thanks
    Biggest issue is the skill gap. New players don't stick around long because of it. I've found so far the best way to get them into it is via questing and then teaching them moves in private training matches here and there. Eventually you see that spark light and they start actually joining into TDMs and holding their own. It's just so hard though when they come directly into game and go into a TDM and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't play for long either If all that would happen is me getting killed constantly with no guidance to get any better. Best thing you could do is stream and then take that time to guide those new players in. At least taking them in quests teaches them the basics while also giving them progress. Just such a hard game to get into really. I agree with you 100% always been on the cusp of mainstream. If it were possible to make leveled lobbies or rooms that limit K/D's over a certain ratio that could be a starting point to get new players to play against other new people. Either way man, definetly stream!! Thats such a good source for getting new people in as well as showing them how to do things. I know their is a ton of people who wanna be able to enjoy this game for years to come.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Waex View Post
    Biggest issue is the skill gap. New players don't stick around long because of it. I've found so far the best way to get them into it is via questing and then teaching them moves in private training matches here and there. Eventually you see that spark light and they start actually joining into TDMs and holding their own. It's just so hard though when they come directly into game and go into a TDM and I can't really blame them. I wouldn't play for long either If all that would happen is me getting killed constantly with no guidance to get any better. Best thing you could do is stream and then take that time to guide those new players in. At least taking them in quests teaches them the basics while also giving them progress. Just such a hard game to get into really. I agree with you 100% always been on the cusp of mainstream. If it were possible to make leveled lobbies or rooms that limit K/D's over a certain ratio that could be a starting point to get new players to play against other new people. Either way man, definetly stream!! Thats such a good source for getting new people in as well as showing them how to do things. I know their is a ton of people who wanna be able to enjoy this game for years to come.
    I agree, I also think the skill gap is a big issue for users who recently downloaded the game. However, I always see people teaching new users in most of the training rooms and some of them even ask us questions in FGunZ Discord which is a good thing. Another huge plus is the training bot, Frooples is working on it and you can see everything here: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...9-Training-bot

With the training bot, new users will be able to practice as much as they want without actually losing EXP/KD. I still don't know if there gonna be levels for the bot but that could be a good thing: Beginner, Advanced, Expert, etc.

12. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Frooples (12-20-2021)

Thanks
    I think implementing a feature that allows players to make rooms that only certain K/D ratios can enter. This will make sure that there can be rooms that noobs can play in together and not get ran over constantly by seasoned players.

Im going to check out the training bot, that sounds very useful and im interested to see what frooples is cooking up!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fearlesss View Post
    I think implementing a feature that allows players to make rooms that only certain K/D ratios can enter. This will make sure that there can be rooms that noobs can play in together and not get ran over constantly by seasoned players.

Im going to check out the training bot, that sounds very useful and im interested to see what frooples is cooking up!
    What if we create a new account/character and our K/D isn't high? We'll be able to play against those "noobs".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information