Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    19
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    6
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    What if we create a new account/character and our K/D isn't high? We'll be able to play against those "noobs".
    I mean if you want to try that hard to play noobs youre just trash trying to increase you kd to "appear' good. But I suppose if its any character on an account with a substantial kd.

    - - - Updated - - -

    or just make a room where kstyle isnt possible haha

  2. #12
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,020
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Originally Posted by Fearlesss View Post
    I mean if you want to try that hard to play noobs youre just trash trying to increase you kd to "appear' good. But I suppose if its any character on an account with a substantial kd.

    - - - Updated - - -

    or just make a room where kstyle isnt possible haha
    unfortunately, gunz is a game that requires the community to make their own separations based on skill, and right now, that simply isnt possible with the number of players.

    you cant change the base game in order to appeal to "noobs" because then they wont experience the game like other people from the get go.

  3. #13
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    19
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    6
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    unfortunately, gunz is a game that requires the community to make their own separations based on skill, and right now, that simply isnt possible with the number of players.

    you cant change the base game in order to appeal to "noobs" because then they wont experience the game like other people from the get go.
    the absolute only way that this pserver will be brought back to life is if we make it appeal to new players so I really do not understand where you are coming from?

  4. #14
    SunRui's Avatar sun rui

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Country
    Posts
    110
    Thanked
    90
    Thanks
    67
    Originally Posted by Fearlesss View Post
    the absolute only way that this pserver will be brought back to life is if we make it appeal to new players so I really do not understand where you are coming from?
    the problem with this statement is the fact that this is a private server rather than an official game. the (active) gunz community is already split between different servers. there is really no way to make a game this old running on a pserver appeal to new players, they'll be mowed down by long time players. removing kstyle and creating "noob only" rooms already divides a dwindling playerbase and is a poorly crafted bandaid fix to a problem that in my eyes is unfixable.

    if we're to open up advertising there should be actual rewards for new players that keep them interested in playing. rather than "daily rewards" every 3 hours, new accounts under a unique IP (or however you'd stop "abuse" of this system) for X amt of time should just receive rewards when they log in. it's hard to think a new player is going to spend 3 hours a day playing this game dying repeatedly or being bored out of their mind trying to quest.

    i would also recommend EXP boosts to newer accounts for a week, and maybe a referral system (i swear there was one like 10 years ago on here lol), and anything else people could think of tbh. of course with that being said, it's entirely dependent on the fact that we're actually able to retain new players and keep them playing here longer than a day at most.

    with that being said, i think it's unrealistic to think that a new player would spend their time getting mowed down on a private server with "pay2win" weapons & no understanding of the actual game/how it works rather than just playing something else that's easier to pick up, plays better and feels more rewarding.

    i genuinely do wish you luck finding new players though!


    一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练




  5. #15
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Country
    Posts
    116
    Thanked
    164
    Thanks
    56
    Originally Posted by Fearlesss View Post
    or just make a room where kstyle isnt possible haha
    I feel like at that point just tell em to play gunz 2 .-. But yeah even if this idea was implemented, I doubt new players would even make that room themselves. I mean they spent an hour practicing double butterfly, they don't want to waste that effort.

    But yeah honestly the best we can do is just to engage with the new players we see joining rooms. Regardless of what cool new idea we have, based on what I've seen, the owners don't really have the inclination to do any high (or even medium) effort changes. Frooples is the only one doing the hard carry. But at its current state, it's good enough that if new players have the encouragement of a mentor and play with friendly dudes when they get on then I'm sure we can get some new comers to stay.

  6. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

    Bunny (12-26-2021)

  7. #16
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    19
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    6
    you guys are missing the point of the rooms without kstyle is just to get their feet in the pool. its so they can get the hang of the game mechanics on their own time and with other players that also dont know what the hell they are doing. It isnt "dividing our player base.... because they are new players to begin with. its just an idea to get them to stay and be able to play and lvl in rooms with people who also dont know k style. after they play for a while and lvl if they are a person who ends up liking the game theyll want to learn kstyle moves or d style moves.


    all im seeing is a shit load of pessimism in these replies.

    you guys can be happy with the average 80 players online and not believing that it will ever be more active because its a pserver. But I dont agree and I will continue to rack my brain for ideas to get new players on the server.

    amamin you say just tell them to play gunz 2 then.... no. gunz 2 is trash you are missing the point.

    I made this thread to discuss new ways to get players to play... not to have you guys be pessimistic and say " oh god no" "thatll never work" gunz is doomed" the energy im feeling in these posts is depressing and draining. you guys need to have a little more optimism. lol.



    the end goal is new players that get invested in the game and then start trying to learn different styles. I dont want them to forever tumble and spray. But thats how we all started... or atleast I did.... and then over time i learned new moves and styles. I just want to give new players the opportunity to learn under the same circumstances.

  8. #17
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Country
    Posts
    116
    Thanked
    164
    Thanks
    56
    Sure maybe we should be excited about bringing this game back to life, but everyone's already had this conversation multiple times. Lots of people have already tried many cool ideas and added so many new features to gunz. You're not the first one to start a brainstorming session. If we seem disheartened, it's because we've already seen how this plays out.

    It also doesn't make sense what you're saying regarding no kstyle rooms. If a new player learns new moves and styles, explain to me how they're going to apply that in a room where kstyle is disabled? How would they even learn moves with kstyle disabled? It only works if new players try out the game in packs, but that's not the case. They join one by one, and if they make that room with kstyle disabled, no other new player is going to join because there is none. There's actually a different pserver that I know of which has a "noob" channel where kstyle is restricted. Unsurprisingly, nobody uses that channel. Questing is a much better way of letting them test the game, imo.


    With all that said, we're all on the same team here so no need for you to lash out on us. I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm and I would love nothing more for you to prove me wrong. I would love it if you managed to come up with an idea, get it to be implemented, and a flock of new players come play this game and KEEP playing this game. I started playing in 2020 so I know what's it like to be new when everyone else already has had years (some even more than a decade) of experience, I understand the feeling more than you do. You know what kept me around? Learning kstyle and having mentors to teach me and encourage me.

  9. #18
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    19
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    6
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Sure maybe we should be excited about bringing this game back to life, but everyone's already had this conversation multiple times. Lots of people have already tried many cool ideas and added so many new features to gunz. You're not the first one to start a brainstorming session. If we seem disheartened, it's because we've already seen how this plays out.

    It also doesn't make sense what you're saying regarding no kstyle rooms. If a new player learns new moves and styles, explain to me how they're going to apply that in a room where kstyle is disabled? How would they even learn moves with kstyle disabled? It only works if new players try out the game in packs, but that's not the case. They join one by one, and if they make that room with kstyle disabled, no other new player is going to join because there is none. There's actually a different pserver that I know of which has a "noob" channel where kstyle is restricted. Unsurprisingly, nobody uses that channel. Questing is a much better way of letting them test the game, imo.


    With all that said, we're all on the same team here so no need for you to lash out on us. I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm and I would love nothing more for you to prove me wrong. I would love it if you managed to come up with an idea, get it to be implemented, and a flock of new players come play this game and KEEP playing this game. I started playing in 2020 so I know what's it like to be new when everyone else already has had years (some even more than a decade) of experience, I understand the feeling more than you do. You know what kept me around? Learning kstyle and having mentors to teach me and encourage me.
    Yea I get what youre saying in that when a new player would make a room with kstyle restricted that at this point in time... little to NO players would join the game simply because there isnt any new players. I am hoping I can come up with something that does indeed get new players to join in "flocks" so that there will actually be new players to join said rooms. I also agree that Questing is a great way for new players to practice movement and aim while having fun defeating bosses. in ijji i learned tbf by practicing it on page 41 quest npc's. But yeah we absolutly need to make sure that the OG players reach out to the new players and be friendly and be up for teaching new players different moves and tactics. Thats one thing I loved about this game when I was learning that you have a huge advantage to learning more quickly if you had a good mentor or teacher. It had a mr miyagi feel to it. wax on wax off. sorry for lashing out on you bro. I just really want to see this pserver grow and stay here forever. I started playing in 2006. the fact that this game still has me interested 15 years later when the original game is now dead and only exists on private servers speaks volumes on the "magic" that this game holds.
    Last edited by Fearlesss; 12-27-2021 at 05:03 AM.

  10. #19
    Burst's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Country
    Posts
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Thanks
    2
    BRO LETS DO IT.

    I've been talking to thomas, and dave about brining back clan tournaments with great prizes. i dont want to talk to much about it cause its just ideas but i will make a post about it and lets see how much support we can get...that can influence other Private gunz players "universal gunz" etc... It make seduce them into wanting to play on Fgunz server instead. I rather play 100+ ping if that means a growing community. Love you guys, GUNZ FOREVER


    - - - Updated - - -

    lets try and try and try papi, only way to success.
    Burst | Bliss

  11. #20
    New Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Country
    Posts
    10
    Thanked
    6
    Thanks
    0
    If you don't mind would you wanna come onto the Captain's discord server and have a brainstorm with me and a few clannies?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)