Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    If you want to comment on this thread please comment respectfully, this is just an idea I had in mind which I wanted to share with you all.

Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    I have noticed that usually when I pb a high ping player (from close range obviously) I don't deal as much damage as I thought I would and it's probably because of the distance lag and the delay so I thought maybe it would make more sense if damage with shotguns would be calculated by the distance of the hit.
    Like maybe having a specific distance for the damage and even if one pellet hits the enemy, the distance of the hit will decide what's the right damage for it.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Eran for this useful post:

Bipolarity (12-31-2021), champlooTTV (12-31-2021), TomasEdison (12-31-2021)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Interesting idea, but doesn't that reward bad aim because if you hit just one pellet close you deal the same dmg as hitting all pellets? So good players/aim vs bad players/aim become even?

4. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eran (12-30-2021)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Interesting idea, but doesn't that reward bad aim because if you hit just one pellet close you deal the same dmg as hitting all pellets? So good players/aim vs bad players/aim become even?
    Well I mean if you hit one pellet then it means that your cursor was still on the target. When I aim a high ping player sometimes it shows that my cursor was on point yet the damage doesn't always make sense so I thought that if the damage is calculated by the distance of the hit, it could fix this problem.

Country
    Thanks
    https://imgur.com/MivVLjZ

Using the above image as reference, like what McSic said, it wouldn't be fair as I myself have bad aim and if I were to aim at the red cross beside the player's hitbox, and somehow 1 pellet hit the player, does that mean all 12 pellets hit the player too? Suggestion may be good but kinda unfair at the same time? Or maybe we can think of other way to tweak the suggestion that will help solve this issue.

7. The following user said thank you to Platform for this useful post:

Eran (12-30-2021)

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    I honestly understand the overall idea, but having a specific distance for the damage could really cause a huge problem just like mentioned above ^.

https://streamable.com/6yhnim (0:15)
    Anyhow, hope there will be found a proper solution for this that will be acceptable and fair enough for both bad and good players (and we all know it's not easy at all). The current situation in-game is just frustrating and I do agree with what you feel.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

9. The following user said thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

Eran (12-30-2021)

champlooTTV's Avatar Twitch Streamer

Country
    Thanks
    I support Erans idea, what he's saying makes sense to me. If you are up close to an enemy, your spread is super low... so if one pellet is hitting, then there's almost no excuse for multiple to not be hitting. And as far as being far away, if just one pellet hits well that's fine, because if the damage is being judged by distance, then the shot will do low damage anyways. I understand where the problem lies with unfair advantages for not as accurate aim, but you just have to compare that against with the issue of ping/damage and decide which one is more important i guess.

11. The following user said thank you to champlooTTV for this useful post:

Eran (12-31-2021)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    With the amount of drama over the years about the spread of the shotguns, any change will probably cause controversy, but with what i can understand from the suggestion, the only gain from this suggestion is removing bad aim and considering any hit a full hit, whereas the spread is instead replaced by a circle of radius of hitting (which makes sense from real life, because shotgun pellets usually have many more than just 12 pellets), and if the enemy is within that radius, to just deal damage depending on the distance from them (or, equally stated, the radius of the circle as that gets expanded the further away the enemy is).

The other arguments make no sense to me, because lagging and delay should theoretically have no impact with anti-lead unless that is not functioning as expected.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Also what happens to block? People using block to block a large amount of pellets is part of the game currently.

As seen here:

Originally Posted by TomasEdison View Post

14. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eran (12-31-2021)

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Also what happens to block? People using block to block a large amount of pellets is part of the game currently.

As seen here:
    That's a good question that I don't really know how to answer but maybe you can make it so if you aim the enemy's feet you will deal more damage than hitting the enemy's chest where he is blocking.
    I don't really have more ideas at the moment of what to do when an enemy is blocking but maybe if we can be a little more creative here this suggestion might solve some problems.
    Last edited by Eran; 12-31-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Thread Information