Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Create an option to use or not use the chat filter. That way if you do use it it'll bleep out the words in chat for those who have the filter checked.

It's 2022, the majority of us on here are at least 20 years of age.

Lots of other games have similar chat filter options.

Reason: I tried clan chatting the sentence "the series ended in 1994" and I could NOT figure out why I was getting chat blocked for saying it.

If ANYTHING when the chat block appears have it actually display the "offensive word" instead of your entire chat message. I would have never guessed that "in 1994" was offensive.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

SuperKekku (01-16-2022), TownZ (01-17-2022), WBFDH (01-19-2022)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I personally think its silly that they added this in the first place after such a thing hasnt existed in this game, ever. Its also easily bypassable by cutting the "offensive word" in the middle and continuing in newline, such that it solves pretty much nothing. In league for example, you can enable client side filtering to swap out offensive words sent to you with *****.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Desecration (01-17-2022), WBFDH (01-19-2022)

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    gunz having a chat filter? LMAO

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

6. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

WBFDH (01-19-2022)

TownZ's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    I must say the chat in general is a bit cleaner than it was before but it's kinda annoying that the chat filter also censoring sentences without any bad words.
    https://i.imgur.com/PzaFErb.gif

8. The following user said thank you to TownZ for this useful post:

Desecration (01-17-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by TownZ View Post
    I must say the chat in general is a bit cleaner than it was before but it's kinda annoying that the chat filter also censoring sentences without any bad words.
    Surely agree with you there. There's less of that trolling flaming going on nowadays. But why have a filter but still allow us to say ****, shit, etc. Just seems like this "filter" is just aimed at the racial/sexual side of negativity. I'm not even sure what the entire list of banned words there are other than f** and n****r.

10. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

TownZ (01-18-2022)

TownZ's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Surely agree with you there. There's less of that trolling flaming going on nowadays. But why have a filter but still allow us to say ****, shit, etc. Just seems like this "filter" is just aimed at the racial/sexual side of negativity. I'm not even sure what the entire list of banned words there are other than f** and n****r.
    Well dont say that too loud before they add those words in chatfilter aswell.
    Why even have a chatfilter on gunz while we have gms that can monitor whats happening in chats.
    I always disliked the thing that you need to make reports to unsure the trolls stop while the gm can intervene and punish while its going on ingame.
    They encourage people to leave the game to make reports, marketing wise its a stupid thing to make ppl leave the game they love to play to focus on makin reports about trolls.
    GMs have the power to warn the players ingame to create positivty in general chat again and if they still continue on give them a account warning/mute, but almost never seen them doing that only saying to ppl they should make reports.

Also the thing about reports is if 2 people have a verbal fight and only 1 of them recording they can manipulate what have been going on and mostly the people that are the victums are getting punished.
    If you look at the completed reports section you see mostly Trolls makin the reports.

12. The following user said thank you to TownZ for this useful post:

WBFDH (01-19-2022)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Why even have a chatfilter on gunz while we have gms that can monitor whats happening in chats.
    Gm's can't see every chat. Gm's can't always tell when it's a joke and when it's not. Gm's can't always see the whole conversation. Gm's aren't always online to deal with it.

They encourage people to leave the game to make reports, marketing wise its a stupid thing to make ppl leave the game they love to play to focus on makin reports about trolls.
    We encourage you to report if you care about making a change, rather than complain and do nothing about it yourself. If you want them to take action you need to provide them with evidence so that they are able to do so or else they'll be called corrupt. You have not reported anyone for flaming for months and last you did a GM did take action and muted the guy even though you also provoked. We are not asking you to close your game and make a report right away, just that you take your time and do it eventually if you want anything to be done about it.

but almost never seen them doing that only saying to ppl they should make reports.
    Why would you see this? You don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Also the thing about reports is if 2 people have a verbal fight and only 1 of them recording they can manipulate what have been going on and mostly the people that are the victums are getting punished.
    If you look at the completed reports section you see mostly Trolls makin the reports.
    If more people cared to report instead of provoking/arguing back with these obvious trolls then they would be gone a lot sooner.

If ANYTHING when the chat block appears have it actually display the "offensive word" instead of your entire chat message. I would have never guessed that "in 1994" was offensive.
    +1
    Last edited by Linzor; 01-18-2022 at 01:24 PM.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

SuperKekku (01-18-2022)

SuperKekku's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    Gm's can't see every chat. Gm's can't always tell when it's a joke and when it's not. Gm's can't always see the whole conversation. Gm's aren't always online to deal with it.

We encourage you to report if you care about making a change, rather than complain and do nothing about it yourself. If you want them to take action you need to provide them with evidence so that they are able to do so or else they'll be called corrupt. You have not reported anyone for flaming for months and last you did a GM did take action and muted the guy even though you also provoked. We are not asking you to close your game and make a report right away, just that you take your time and do it eventually if you want anything to be done about it.

Why would you see this? You don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

If more people cared to report instead of provoking/arguing back with these obvious trolls then they would be gone a lot sooner.

+1
    Dw Linzor, some people dont even understand that they are part of the problem.

TownZ's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SuperKekku View Post
    Dw Linzor, some people dont even understand that they are part of the problem.
    True that kekku.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Chat filter has been added when it was brought up by streamers that had players bomb their streams with insults to sabotage them (Twitch can be pretty strict about certain words and could ban you for them). So a filter was added. It currently is too strict, leading to false-positives (words being blocked that aren't any insults), but that has already been adjusted for the next update. Replacing bad words with **** and making it an option is a possibility, but I'm not sure if we want to change that now. With a less strict chat filter most of your problems are gone already.

18. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

SunRui (01-19-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information