Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TownZ's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Chat filter has been added when it was brought up by streamers that had players bomb their streams with insults to sabotage them (Twitch can be pretty strict about certain words and could ban you for them). So a filter was added. It currently is too strict, leading to false-positives (words being blocked that aren't any insults), but that has already been adjusted for the next update. Replacing bad words with **** and making it an option is a possibility, but I'm not sure if we want to change that now. With a less strict chat filter most of your problems are gone already.
    Ok, makes sense.
    https://i.imgur.com/PzaFErb.gif

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Chat filter has been added when it was brought up by streamers that had players bomb their streams with insults to sabotage them (Twitch can be pretty strict about certain words and could ban you for them). So a filter was added. It currently is too strict, leading to false-positives (words being blocked that aren't any insults), but that has already been adjusted for the next update. Replacing bad words with **** and making it an option is a possibility, but I'm not sure if we want to change that now. With a less strict chat filter most of your problems are gone already.
    I can understand that approach, even if there aren't many people who stream on here. However I noticed someone today was able to say "niga" without a problem. If anything, make it display the word in question instead of the entire message? Example: Don't say that: (n 1994) instead of "Don't say that: (It was released in 1994). So it's a little more clear? I know that my example (and the reason I even started this thread) are very uncommon. But for when it does occur it can be quite frustrating for the player to figure out exactly what they're saying that's offensive (given how strict it is). Hell, I got chat muted 3 times before I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information