Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: FGunZ

Suggestion description:

If possible, is there a workaround for anti lead when it comes to nades and melee items? The anti lead in GunZ is great, however for people who are newer (even some older players aren't aware that not all items are anti lead) it could be somewhat confusing until someone tells them.

Not sure how difficult it is or what problems arise when anti lead was implemented, just curious if it's possible.

Example: I throw a nade and see/hear the hit marker. However no damage is added to damage counter.

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Anti Lead on Melee and Nades will most likely never happen...

3. The following user said thank you to Eeksdee for this useful post:

Desecration (01-21-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eeksdee View Post
    I figured so, just want some clarity on the difficulties as to why.

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I figured so, just want some clarity on the difficulties as to why.
    Because for example if a sword was to be antilead it will hit almost 100%

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eeksdee View Post
    This. It was tested by various devs and servers way back when Anti-Lead was first introduced, but showed quite some issues.

Unlike shots, grenades get avoided be players seeing them come. Now imagine getting hit by nades though they didn't hit you on your screen / you avoided them on your screen. Anti-lead on nades introduce that issue. Same issue can be said about melee weapons, you'd get hit by melee hits, though the players are nowhere near you on your screen, introducing a very annoying "ghost hit" issue basically.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    For swords, this should never happen. blocks, massives, massive blocks, iframes, all the gladiator mechanics are gone to shit if this change is done.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    This. It was tested by various devs and servers way back when Anti-Lead was first introduced, but showed quite some issues.

Unlike shots, grenades get avoided be players seeing them come. Now imagine getting hit by nades though they didn't hit you on your screen / you avoided them on your screen. Anti-lead on nades introduce that issue. Same issue can be said about melee weapons, you'd get hit by melee hits, though the players are nowhere near you on your screen, introducing a very annoying "ghost hit" issue basically.
    With the nade stuff, player interactions additionally recoil the nades to different positions. you can often see a player die in run from nade because another player blocked a nade and made it jump to a different position, but that player was only in a position to recoil the nade in the perspective of the person who died to it.

Country
    Thanks

Ok, when you bring up that perspective it makes sense as to why it's not implemented lol. Although I think I'd take not seeing a nade over getting shot behind a wall around a corner lol

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    For swords, this should never happen. blocks, massives, massive blocks, iframes, all the gladiator mechanics are gone to shit if this change is done.

With the nade stuff, player interactions additionally recoil the nades to different positions. you can often see a player die in run from nade because another player blocked a nade and made it jump to a different position, but that player was only in a position to recoil the nade in the perspective of the person who died to it.
    I feel like this happens quite a lot with me personally with the stuns and flashes. Lots of instances I know FOR SURE they got flashed or stunned but forget to take into consideration of my own teammates pings/positions.
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-27-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I feel like this happens quite a lot with me personally with the stuns and flashes. Lots of instances I know FOR SURE they got flashed or stunned but forget to take into consideration of my own teammates pings/positions.
    Thats just the thing, imagine your enemy's perspective, getting flashed or stunned from a nade they never even saw or were close to because on their screen your teammate bounced it off of themselves

10. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Desecration (01-28-2022)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks

This ^ Declined, closed & moved.

Spoiler!

Thread Information