Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,021
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other


    Suggestion description:
    When new suggestion goes in, as of late, it rarely gets many responses from a variety of players, especially (usually) those that the suggestion is aimed at, as they are not active on the forums (and no one really is, to be honest).
    Most people aren't aware of suggestions on the forum at all, which means they basically have no say on decisions unless they decide to become active here and check the forum every 24h or so (and most of the time, to see no suggestions at all).

    In an effort to include more opinions in suggestions, my idea is to include a sort of announcement every time you finish logging in (not in the same screen as the activity points, as people usually dismiss those, but a popup when you're in the lobby).

    This announcement can include recent news, for example the most recent posts on forum, for stuff like suggestions and golden member events.

    Additionally, it could include a recent suggestion made with more details, e.g a link to it and a way to vote whether youre supporting it or are against it. these votes could then be considered for the suggestion's implementation decision.

  2. The following 3 users say thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

    Amamin (01-22-2022), Ariados (01-22-2022), SuperKekku (01-22-2022)

  3. #2
    Ariados's Avatar New Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    2
    Thanks
    0
    me like +1
    Last edited by Ommadawn; 01-23-2022 at 04:06 PM.

  4. #3
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Posts
    8,461
    Thanked
    550
    Thanks
    7,261
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Additionally, it could include a recent suggestion made with more details, e.g a link to it and a way to vote whether youre supporting it or are against it. these votes could then be considered for the suggestion's implementation decision.
    Hmm. Does sound like a lot of work to manually sum up suggestions every time to present them with more details in a message in game, as well as coding a feature to up/down-vote said suggestions from ingame.

    Reading this I immediately thought of our existing mail system, which isn't used much, but informs you every time in lobby if you have new mails. We could use said mail system to (automatically) send ingame mails to active users to inform them about forum news, VIP events and suggestions.

  5. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

    Amamin (01-22-2022), Bunny (01-22-2022)

  6. #4
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,021
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Hmm. Does sound like a lot of work to manually sum up suggestions every time to present them with more details in a message in game, as well as coding a feature to up/down-vote said suggestions from ingame.

    Reading this I immediately thought of our existing mail system, which isn't used much, but informs you every time in lobby if you have new mails. We could use said mail system to (automatically) send ingame mails to active users to inform them about forum news, VIP events and suggestions.
    The voting mechanism could also be implemented on forums (where its probably a lot easier to do), and ingame would just include something along the lines of "Check out this new suggestion that might interest you, and voice your opinion at {link}!", in the mail.

    In the past, we had a voting system for suggestions on forums, but it was removed with V8, and also wasn't really used to consider suggestions because most suggestions arent a simple "yes" or "no".
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-22-2022 at 04:55 PM.

  7. #5
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Posts
    8,461
    Thanked
    550
    Thanks
    7,261
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The voting mechanism could also be implemented on forums (where its probably a lot easier to do), and ingame would just include something along the lines of "Check out this new suggestion that might interest you, and voice your opinion at {link}!", in the mail.

    In the past, we had a voting system for suggestions on forums, but it was removed with V8, and also wasn't really used to consider suggestions because most suggestions arent a simple "yes" or "no".
    Would have to ask Dave to re-add such a function. Though we do already have a poll function, thanks function and reply function, to get feedback on suggestions.

    Though an automatic poll with "Do you agree with this suggestion? Yes, I agree. - No, I disagree. - I'm not sure." options might be something for suggestions.

  8. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

    Bunny (01-22-2022)

  9. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Country
    Posts
    81
    Thanked
    35
    Thanks
    30
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Hmm. Does sound like a lot of work to manually sum up suggestions every time to present them with more details in a message in game, as well as coding a feature to up/down-vote said suggestions from ingame.

    Reading this I immediately thought of our existing mail system, which isn't used much, but informs you every time in lobby if you have new mails. We could use said mail system to (automatically) send ingame mails to active users to inform them about forum news, VIP events and suggestions.
    I feel like this might get abused/spammed by certain people. We already have people spamming chat when an argument gets heated. Maybe some kind of shout command? Actually maybe the mass mailing might be better since it's something you're able to completely ignore rather than seeing it in chat.

    I don't think ANYONE uses the mailing system lol.

    Why not just advertise the current suggestion that you've made in game chat, server chat, lobby, etc? Similar to when people advertise their twitch links.

    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The voting mechanism could also be implemented on forums (where its probably a lot easier to do), and ingame would just include something along the lines of "Check out this new suggestion that might interest you, and voice your opinion at {link}!", in the mail.

    In the past, we had a voting system for suggestions on forums, but it was removed with V8, and also wasn't really used to consider suggestions because most suggestions arent a simple "yes" or "no".
    The character limit in GunZ is already short enough. Unless there's a hyperlink feature implemented into chat.


    Why not just have an auto message everytime you log in mentioning the forums website/encouraging your suggestions?

    "Don't forget to be a part of our community at *link*. We also encourage your feedback and suggestions over on the forums as well!"
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-27-2022 at 04:22 AM.

  10. #7
    Legit's Avatar BloodLegion

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    802
    Thanked
    141
    Thanks
    76
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I feel like this might get abused/spammed by certain people. We already have people spamming chat when an argument gets heated. Maybe some kind of shout command? Actually maybe the mass mailing might be better since it's something you're able to completely ignore rather than seeing it in chat.

    I don't think ANYONE uses the mailing system lol.

    Why not just advertise the current suggestion that you've made in game chat, server chat, lobby, etc? Similar to when people advertise their twitch links.


    The character limit in GunZ is already short enough. Unless there's a hyperlink feature implemented into chat.


    Why not just have an auto message everytime you log in mentioning the forums website/encouraging your suggestions?

    "Don't forget to be a part of our community at *link*. We also encourage your feedback and suggestions over on the forums as well!"
    I'd say if the suggestion gets enough attention and an "approval" from staff on the forums. Then have a poll or mail be delivered to enable people to vote on the suggestion. it would be nice if you could insert the poll into the mail system so people could get all the information before voting.

    Check out my music https://linktr.ee/Legitbass
    New Single "TROJAN.PASSWORDSTEALER.DLL" dropped Feb 1st 2022!!!


  11. The following user said thank you to Legit for this useful post:

    Desecration (01-29-2022)

  12. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Country
    Posts
    81
    Thanked
    35
    Thanks
    30
    Originally Posted by Legit View Post
    I'd say if the suggestion gets enough attention and an "approval" from staff on the forums. Then have a poll or mail be delivered to enable people to vote on the suggestion. it would be nice if you could insert the poll into the mail system so people could get all the information before voting.
    I like the idea of it being sent to the mailing list. However I've never used it and have no knowledge of how it operates. I never open the mailing window other than when my cat walks across my keyboard and presses the key. Also, when someone DOES receive a piece of mail, is there an alert? Like the clan score reset alert? Or do you have to constantly check your mail to see if you have any?

  13. #9
    Legit's Avatar BloodLegion

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    802
    Thanked
    141
    Thanks
    76
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I like the idea of it being sent to the mailing list. However I've never used it and have no knowledge of how it operates. I never open the mailing window other than when my cat walks across my keyboard and presses the key. Also, when someone DOES receive a piece of mail, is there an alert? Like the clan score reset alert? Or do you have to constantly check your mail to see if you have any?
    yah an alert is present when you go to lobby. either from logging in or leaving a game room.

    Check out my music https://linktr.ee/Legitbass
    New Single "TROJAN.PASSWORDSTEALER.DLL" dropped Feb 1st 2022!!!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)