Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I think most ETs agree with it as well.

Me speaking personally I think 7 eps is just too excessive. Cutting it down in half or maybe even reducing it down to just 1 event point every 10 days would maybe be better just so that players remember that event points exist lol.
    The main reason (besides uniqueness of event points) that I don't think EPs should be a part of daily login rewards is simply because daily login is not an event, which means it should not reward EPs.

Country
    Thanks
    It all comes down to the same thing. Interests. Events just aren't interesting for me/others. Same thing with how some players only play certain modes (glad, training, garden, rotation, cw, etc). I've been on this server since 2015 and have only participated in one event before.

I feel like if anything hosting events kills off other rooms that are currently in progress. Sure events are a great way to entertain some of the community. But as long as they are able to find a good balance between attention towards event players, cw players, casual players, and questing then I think they're doing a good job.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    It all comes down to the same thing. Interests. Events just aren't interesting for me/others. Same thing with how some players only play certain modes (glad, training, garden, rotation, cw, etc). I've been on this server since 2015 and have only participated in one event before.

I feel like if anything hosting events kills off other rooms that are currently in progress. Sure events are a great way to entertain some of the community. But as long as they are able to find a good balance between attention towards event players, cw players, casual players, and questing then I think they're doing a good job.
    You're right that like almost any other game, the community is divided in what it wishes to play most. However, the difference with events is that it could have something for all kinds of players (including the ones interested in glad, training, garden, rotation, cw, etc, take a look at the event list), and the fact is that even when those events that could be interesting for those communities happen, they rarely if ever join because they don't really "feel like it" or "the same players always win" (even though thats not the case in the events that these communities would be interested in), or they simply dont care enough to learn how to play the event and win. This might change however, if theyre provided with actual incentive to play the events instead of some sub-par event items with event points which to most people are just 1:2 coins (which until the recent update you would have gotten from the weekly competition anyways, with coins being acquired from 100 other sources as well).

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You're right that like almost any other game, the community is divided in what it wishes to play most. However, the difference with events is that it could have something for all kinds of players (including the ones interested in glad, training, garden, rotation, cw, etc, take a look at the event list), and the fact is that even when those events that could be interesting for those communities happen, they rarely if ever join because they don't really "feel like it" or "the same players always win" (even though thats not the case in the events that these communities would be interested in), or they simply dont care enough to learn how to play the event and win. This might change however, if theyre provided with actual incentive to play the events instead of some sub-par event items with event points which to most people are just 1:2 coins (which until the recent update you would have gotten from the weekly competition anyways, with coins being acquired from 100 other sources as well).
    Ok I understand your suggestion. I didn't read all the way through and just wanted to chime in my perspective of events. I think that the fact that ijji never had events that it's hard to captivate the community to have them play along. With no incentive events are basically pointless. Might as well take the current event modes and just turn them into some kind of general game mode. (maybe like they do for map rotation except for event game rotations)

In the end event rooms are the equivalent of training rooms. Sure they're fun to join and chat/mess around on, but GunZ is mostly played for the actual modes. GunZ also doesn't have a big enough active/daily community to attract enough players to even make events worthwhile in the first place. I just think they can shift focus from events to some other ideas/areas of GunZ.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Moved to Have Been Added:

For (1) we have "Removed the ability to rent event shop items, all event shop items are now permanent", see the update thread for more information and cost breakdown for the event point allocation (they aren't hundreds and hundreds of points but more reasonable).

For (2) we have "Replaced the Activity Rewards from 7 event points to 1 Activity Point Shield", see the Activty Rewards Announcement for more information. All other prizes are reasonable.

For (3) we the Event Team do bonus rounds/events from time to time, and sometimes increase the stakes.

Spoiler!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information