Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Hotfix is ready and will be released today.

Edit: We have released it now.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Hotfix is ready and will be released today.
    is it known that the antilead is kind of messed up aswell?

Country
    Thanks
    Nice update! However I'm very weary of the new UI redesign. The icons at the top (inventory, settings, etc) seem...alright. However it looks a tad strange with those massive gaps between each one. I understand what yall were shooting for but it just looks a bit odd. Reminds me of using rocketdock and having to fill the gaps between the icons. If anything the stage/room UI is by far the most confusing of the UI update. I don't understand the reasoning behind this change. Were there complaints? Why change something that's been the same for such a long time?

Also not sure why they didn't just put some touches onto mansion map instead of redesigning an entire new map for the game mode. Awesome that you made the game mode a selectable option, but it doesn't....do anything different as far as I can see? People can still "cheat". Isn't it possible to place some invisible walls on mansion and have them off/on depending on the round? Also not sure if it's my settings but the A&D map seems very dark.

APM and ELO sound like a good idea for all the egoers to have something else to chat about now. Hope the ELO system works well/easy to fix if not.

Training bots are a nice addition...however it seems a bit late to the party. But hoping that it helps retain new players. I still think an actual person training someone is a far better experience than using bots. Nonetheless, it feels/looks smooth so props to the bots guy!

My FAVORITE addition to the update is the team randomizer option and the Auto-Team-Balance now considers K/D instead of total kills. This is the perfect balance for TDM (hopefully). Keeps the pub stomping to a minimum (one team with 40-2 scores while other team is 0-18). And also keeps from having the same one or two people constantly bouncing between teams. Maybe add the option to switch EVERY round as well?

Seems like the rest revolves around quest/skillmaps which I don't dabble in so I won't speak on those.

Question though. . . do the quest clothing items that reduce damage also reduce damage outside of Quest mode?

What map collisions are you referring to on Island/Dungeon? The invisible floors you can find throughout the map?

The cinematic camera for falling is a nice touch. But might need a bit of work? It seems to be a tad too slow? I didn't test it much but it seems like it takes a few seconds for the effect to start.

Love how y'all put a cap on how many letters are typable in a chat box to keep from people typing excessive text for no reason. Hopefully with this update means that the next update will include some kind of chat box enhancement? Such as a scrollable box or some kind of adjustment that can be accessed through options? (small, medium, large chat box where small includes 4-5 lines, medium 6-7, large 8-10?)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I'm waiting for replays.

Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Nice update! However I'm very weary of the new UI redesign. The icons at the top (inventory, settings, etc) seem...alright. However it looks a tad strange with those massive gaps between each one. I understand what yall were shooting for but it just looks a bit odd. Reminds me of using rocketdock and having to fill the gaps between the icons. If anything the stage/room UI is by far the most confusing of the UI update. I don't understand the reasoning behind this change. Were there complaints? Why change something that's been the same for such a long time?
    Redesigning things is just what we do, we do it all the time. Otherwise we would still be stuck on the original GunZ 2005 interface. In my opinion people really don't complain about the old things they got used to, instead they complain about changes. It's common to dislike changes you aren't used to, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those changes are bad. I believe if you give it a few weeks or months, you wouldn't want to go back.

Also not sure why they didn't just put some touches onto mansion map instead of redesigning an entire new map for the game mode. Awesome that you made the game mode a selectable option, but it doesn't....do anything different as far as I can see? People can still "cheat". Isn't it possible to place some invisible walls on mansion and have them off/on depending on the round? Also not sure if it's my settings but the A&D map seems very dark.
    I believe you're referring to the Attack-Defense map. This isn't a new map we created for the mode, it's a very old map actually. Some people remember the map from V7 and asked us to bring it back, so we did.

My FAVORITE addition to the update is the team randomizer option and the Auto-Team-Balance now considers K/D instead of total kills. This is the perfect balance for TDM (hopefully). Keeps the pub stomping to a minimum (one team with 40-2 scores while other team is 0-18). And also keeps from having the same one or two people constantly bouncing between teams. Maybe add the option to switch EVERY round as well?
    This option already exists.

Question though. . . do the quest clothing items that reduce damage also reduce damage outside of Quest mode?
    No.

What map collisions are you referring to on Island/Dungeon? The invisible floors you can find throughout the map?
    Spots that allowed you to get outside the map.

The cinematic camera for falling is a nice touch. But might need a bit of work? It seems to be a tad too slow? I didn't test it much but it seems like it takes a few seconds for the effect to start.
    It's supposed to be that slow. Any faster felt uneasy when testing.

Love how y'all put a cap on how many letters are typable in a chat box to keep from people typing excessive text for no reason. Hopefully with this update means that the next update will include some kind of chat box enhancement? Such as a scrollable box or some kind of adjustment that can be accessed through options? (small, medium, large chat box where small includes 4-5 lines, medium 6-7, large 8-10?)
    We are planning to rework the chat, but that's still going to take a while.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Father (03-10-2022), StephanM (03-11-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Redesigning things is just what we do, we do it all the time. Otherwise we would still be stuck on the original GunZ 2005 interface. In my opinion people really don't complain about the old things they got used to, instead they complain about changes. It's common to dislike changes you aren't used to, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those changes are bad. I believe if you give it a few weeks or months, you wouldn't want to go back.
    I suppose, but it was quite a drastic change. I guess I can see that y'all are trying to keep up with the times of other current games layout wise.

I believe you're referring to the Attack-Defense map. This isn't a new map we created for the mode, it's a very old map actually. Some people remember the map from V7 and asked us to bring it back, so we did.
    Gotcha, wasn't aware of it.

This option already exists.
    Silly me.

It's supposed to be that slow. Any faster felt uneasy when testing.
    Ah. Still is a nice touch!

We are planning to rework the chat, but that's still going to take a while.
    Sounds great! Thanks again for the update!

Bipolarity's Avatar ɪɴᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛᴏ

Country
    Thanks
    Good stuff. Hope to see an increase in activity after this update.

Thanks
    Idk if this is a matter of getting used to it but the APM counter is pretty distracting being at the bottom of the UI as I keep thinking it's a kick vote and its a little weird with the kick vote showing up sort of behind it, if possible could the location be changed.
    Also do you guys intend to display the elo ranking on the official website

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by zerojjxx View Post
    Idk if this is a matter of getting used to it but the APM counter is pretty distracting being at the bottom of the UI as I keep thinking it's a kick vote and its a little weird with the kick vote showing up sort of behind it, if possible could the location be changed.
    also if its possible to show in the top right under the exp gained/lost per kill/death to also show elo gained per kill/death

nezo_pro2's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Yeah messed up we felt that too

Thanks
    Originally Posted by zerojjxx View Post
    You're right we'll change the position. We will display elo ranking on the website once it's stable and working, which isn't the case yet. We still need to make adjustments to it.

Originally Posted by nezo_pro2 View Post
    Yeah messed up we felt that too
    I would like to see some replays. Record your games and send them to me if you experience 0 dmg shots.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information