Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ULTRAWOLFBEE View Post
    it would be good to have a gladiator mode that forces all swords or kodachi to do rusty sword or rusty kodachi damge and delay
    This way you can have the look of any sword and still fair gameplay in gladiator rooms
    The lame shotgun only tag exists so i dont see why this couldnt
    It sounds like basically all that needs to be done is force a certain damage + range + delay on all melee weapons in the room, no matter what the melee weapon is. We don't even need a "sword only" mode or anything that excludes other melees if we force the same damage + range + delay on all melee weapons (as a room option), amirite?

2. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

ULTRAWOLFBEE (03-23-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It sounds like basically all that needs to be done is force a certain damage + range + delay on all melee weapons in the room, no matter what the melee weapon is. We don't even need a "sword only" mode or anything that excludes other melees if we force the same damage + range + delay on all melee weapons (as a room option), amirite?
    yes this would be very good

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    but there are already only a few gladiator rooms if u include that then all of the gladiator rooms will be using that method and all other swords are going to be useless?
    dont get me wrong i myself only use rusty sword but doesnt that just mean donator swords/sword people paid with coins are just losing its value because it will just be a cosmetic item?

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    but there are already only a few gladiator rooms if u include that then all of the gladiator rooms will be using that method and all other swords are going to be useless?
    dont get me wrong i myself only use rusty sword but doesnt that just mean donator swords/sword people paid with coins are just losing its value because it will just be a cosmetic item?
    We're talking about a room option here. In the last few months when I've been online I would say there are times that 5-6 active lobbies are all different gladiator rooms. Sometimes there are significantly more gladiator rooms available to play overall, shocking but really great to see honestly. I know what you mean, sometimes I feel excluded when I join a TDM, didn't check tags and load in to realize I don't have part of my equipment anymore because of [SGO] etc and then have to change up my shit. But at that point you can either bring it over to another room, make your own room, or just get used to what every other person in that room is doing. If it's an option it's not something that should really effect you that badly, nothing is stopping anyone from making their own room. What it really does is promote a better competitive environment. It would be an excellent option to force swords only and rusty stats, to make an environment where barebones sword combat is all that is happening. That's not everyones type of room anyway so I wouldn't expect it to become the new meta.

Thread Information