Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ULTRAWOLFBEE View Post
    it would be good to have a gladiator mode that forces all swords or kodachi to do rusty sword or rusty kodachi damge and delay
    This way you can have the look of any sword and still fair gameplay in gladiator rooms
    The lame shotgun only tag exists so i dont see why this couldnt
    It sounds like basically all that needs to be done is force a certain damage + range + delay on all melee weapons in the room, no matter what the melee weapon is. We don't even need a "sword only" mode or anything that excludes other melees if we force the same damage + range + delay on all melee weapons (as a room option), amirite?

2. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

ULTRAWOLFBEE (03-23-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    It sounds like basically all that needs to be done is force a certain damage + range + delay on all melee weapons in the room, no matter what the melee weapon is. We don't even need a "sword only" mode or anything that excludes other melees if we force the same damage + range + delay on all melee weapons (as a room option), amirite?
    yes this would be very good

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    but there are already only a few gladiator rooms if u include that then all of the gladiator rooms will be using that method and all other swords are going to be useless?
    dont get me wrong i myself only use rusty sword but doesnt that just mean donator swords/sword people paid with coins are just losing its value because it will just be a cosmetic item?

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SkyWodka View Post
    but there are already only a few gladiator rooms if u include that then all of the gladiator rooms will be using that method and all other swords are going to be useless?
    dont get me wrong i myself only use rusty sword but doesnt that just mean donator swords/sword people paid with coins are just losing its value because it will just be a cosmetic item?
    We're talking about a room option here. In the last few months when I've been online I would say there are times that 5-6 active lobbies are all different gladiator rooms. Sometimes there are significantly more gladiator rooms available to play overall, shocking but really great to see honestly. I know what you mean, sometimes I feel excluded when I join a TDM, didn't check tags and load in to realize I don't have part of my equipment anymore because of [SGO] etc and then have to change up my shit. But at that point you can either bring it over to another room, make your own room, or just get used to what every other person in that room is doing. If it's an option it's not something that should really effect you that badly, nothing is stopping anyone from making their own room. What it really does is promote a better competitive environment. It would be an excellent option to force swords only and rusty stats, to make an environment where barebones sword combat is all that is happening. That's not everyones type of room anyway so I wouldn't expect it to become the new meta.

Camel's Avatar Destructive Death

Country
    Thanks
    Imo this defeats the purpose of buying donor swords, just mention that only rusty can be used in your room title and vote kick whoever uses anything other than a rusty?

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I've seen some backlash in chat and comments in this thread, but I don't think all of them actually participate in glad combat. Since this mode affects glad-players the most, I think their opinion matters the most here - as Ommadawn pointed out.

Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    However, if the glad community supports this suggestion then I personally wouldn't mind having it as a "Game option"
    Edit: Added in next update as option on room creation.

8. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Cid (03-28-2022), ULTRAWOLFBEE (03-24-2022)

Thanks
    You're all missing the obvious point that there are gladiators who would like to buy and use other types of swords for purely cosmetic purposes but won't because they want to only use rusty damage and delay. Anyone who cares about rusty stats isn't going to be participating in a stairway map, and if they do they're not going to care about damage and delay. And as stated in this thread, people end up getting kicked from rooms for using other swords anyways, so this change wouldn't result in any addition player exclusions. This is also already a change that I had implemented on another server and it was popular amongst gladiators and didn't interfere with other rooms. There's no good reason to not make this simple change.
    Last edited by Deviok; 03-25-2022 at 03:56 PM.

10. The following user said thank you to Deviok for this useful post:

Cid (03-28-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information