Country
    Thanks
    Hello GunZ Community & FGunZ Team!

After playing this game for over 8 years on and off and not seeing this game flourish in today's generation it makes me beg the question, WHY?

Everybody knows old schoolers of this game will always win against new players, there just is not a way to teach a new player to be as good as an experienced player in the time span of little attention people have nowadays. This creates an ever decreasing population which will eventually spiral into the closing of this game entirely, especially as most of us become more mature and get on with our lives.

I propose the owners of this server form a mission to get this game launched on Steam ASAP so the little community we still retain today can survive!

Here's why:

-> Launching on Steam would add a level of security to the game which would allow GMs to check whether a player is likely smurfing or not and can ban repeat offenders faster.

-> This integration with the platform can allow the developers to create 'Segregated Skilled Servers:'

-> Beginner - Everybody starts here
    -> Intermediate - A player must maintain a KD of 2-3 after 1000 kills or something to promote to this server
    -> Advanced - same thing as before
    -> and so on ... this segregation will allow new players to steadily understand and become interested in the game and properly comprehend the full
    satisfaction of the game the rest of us feel!

Once the owners can accomplish the integration with Steam, the rest of the team can develop a healthy pathway for new players to enter = GROWTH.

... and my favourite game will live!

Kind regards,

Strategy

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I like your vision. Unfortunately, we do not own the rights to GunZ: The Duel, which is why we cannot bring it to Steam. The license holders (Masangsoft) are not interested in selling the license. It has been brought to their attention (by players) that they could release the game on Steam, but years have passed and nothing's happened, so it looks like they have no intent on doing that either, unfortunately.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I like your vision. Unfortunately, we do not own the rights to GunZ: The Duel, which is why we cannot bring it to Steam. The license holders (Masangsoft) are not interested in selling the license. It has been brought to their attention (by players) that they could release the game on Steam, but years have passed and nothing's happened, so it looks like they have no intent on doing that either, unfortunately.
    Did Masangsoft ever say why they were not interested in selling the license? Is it a case where FGunZ does not have the funding to purchase said license? Even pushing around the license - why didn't they themselves just release the damn game.

I don't want to come across as nieve but they are seriously decapitating the long-term standing of GunZ by just sitting on the sidelines making pennies off the license when they could not only bring huge growth to GunZ but their own company if they allowed it to just thrive.

I may be uninformed but looking at this from the outside in, makes it seem like they are sticking to their Exit-Strategy and just leaving the community to dump.

Shame.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Strategy View Post
    Did Masangsoft ever say why they were not interested in selling the license? Is it a case where FGunZ does not have the funding to purchase said license? Even pushing around the license - why didn't they themselves just release the damn game.

I don't want to come across as nieve but they are seriously decapitating the long-term standing of GunZ by just sitting on the sidelines making pennies off the license when they could not only bring huge growth to GunZ but their own company if they allowed it to just thrive.

I may be uninformed but looking at this from the outside in, makes it seem like they are sticking to their Exit-Strategy and just leaving the community to dump.

Shame.
    masangsoft is holding the gunz license pretty much hostage at a very high price and putting all their efforts into other mmorpg games they've created. i don't mean this in a rude way but your idea of 'reviving gunz' has been said/proposed multiple times before and there's been zero interest from the company to do anything with this game in the future so the community is spread thin across multiple private servers.

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Jordan's Avatar Cloud9 💨 💨 💨

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    masangsoft is holding the gunz license pretty much hostage at a very high price and putting all their efforts into other mmorpg games they've created. i don't mean this in a rude way but your idea of 'reviving gunz' has been said/proposed multiple times before and there's been zero interest from the company to do anything with this game in the future so the community is spread thin across multiple private servers.
    If only we had a Milli Laying around to buy this IP

Country
    Thanks
    Hi Sun Rui,

Thanks for clarifying this; I did mention that I was coming from an uninformed position of earlier events, but cheers for letting us know the source of the issue.

Country
    Thanks
    According to this Redditor Masangsoft actually is interested in publishing on Steam. How leditimate this thread is though, I'm unsure. And since it was posted back in 2019 I'm assuming even the Reddit poster has forgotten about it as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gunz/commen...ore_news_from/

Also you can petition for GunZ on Steam. 2,500/5,000 signatures so far! (not like this will actually do anything???)

https://www.change.org/p/masangsoft-...-gunz-on-steam
    Last edited by Desecration; 04-16-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah they are doing a ton of older games from around ijji generation, MicroVolts and some racing games, some mmorpgs. For those wondering about Maiet games specifically, the most recent update we have is from January 7th this year on RaiderZ

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiderZ/com...cebook_update/

Thread Information