Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    After the recent update that allowed mouse movement during bounces, it has become somewhat much harder to wallrun consistently compared to what it used to be, due to the nature of player mouse movement after the first bounce leading to a wallrun (which is double bounce at a certain angle).

I believe the recent suggestion that had recommended being able to move your mouse during wallruns was not addressed even though this is the suggestion that caused the change. Players asked to be able to aim their weapons during wallruns because of the limited movements while actually in the wallrun, as opposed to just being in a bounce locked animation, because those animations can be unlocked with a slash, retaining the momentum from the bounce or allowing you to dash (which is preferrable, for gun play for example, because you want to stay on the move and not locked in an animation you can cancel).

The wallrun animation, on the other hand, cant be cancelled with the running animation and momentum maintained, because any action other than pressing the fire key on non-melee items causes the wallrun to end prematurely, and you cant aim properly during the wallrun anyways (a problem which this change tried to address).

My suggestion is to revert to the locked bounce mechanics that have existed since the beginning of Gunz's first official release many years ago, but instead allow players to move their crosshairs as they wish DURING the wallrun itself and not afterwards.

A video demonstration of my explanation can be given incase what i wrote didnt make enough sense.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Thread Information