Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Forum/FGunZ/Other

Suggestion description:
    After the recent update that allowed mouse movement during bounces, it has become somewhat much harder to wallrun consistently compared to what it used to be, due to the nature of player mouse movement after the first bounce leading to a wallrun (which is double bounce at a certain angle).

I believe the recent suggestion that had recommended being able to move your mouse during wallruns was not addressed even though this is the suggestion that caused the change. Players asked to be able to aim their weapons during wallruns because of the limited movements while actually in the wallrun, as opposed to just being in a bounce locked animation, because those animations can be unlocked with a slash, retaining the momentum from the bounce or allowing you to dash (which is preferrable, for gun play for example, because you want to stay on the move and not locked in an animation you can cancel).

The wallrun animation, on the other hand, cant be cancelled with the running animation and momentum maintained, because any action other than pressing the fire key on non-melee items causes the wallrun to end prematurely, and you cant aim properly during the wallrun anyways (a problem which this change tried to address).

My suggestion is to revert to the locked bounce mechanics that have existed since the beginning of Gunz's first official release many years ago, but instead allow players to move their crosshairs as they wish DURING the wallrun itself and not afterwards.

A video demonstration of my explanation can be given incase what i wrote didnt make enough sense.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    I'd love to see a way to toggle off and on the lose camera during wallruns, it made medstyling impossible aswell.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jaay2 View Post
    I'd love to see a way to toggle off and on the lose camera during wallruns, it made medstyling impossible aswell.
    True, nowhere in my discussion did I mention medstyle, which was also "hurt" by the change (?)
    There isnt enough of a medstyle community to base this opinion on, but the "classical" medstyle as we know it, which was beautiful by dealing with the limits set by the very limited range of mouse movement, forcing you to use WASD and clever mouse changes, is gone.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    I disagree with unlocking the camera during the whole wall run. It was tested prior to the update and decided against.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    True, nowhere in my discussion did I mention medstyle, which was also "hurt" by the change (?)
    There isnt enough of a medstyle community to base this opinion on, but the "classical" medstyle as we know it, which was beautiful by dealing with the limits set by the very limited range of mouse movement, forcing you to use WASD and clever mouse changes, is gone.
    Yeah, medstyle community has died before and I don't think there was more to explore for them? They've done all tricks. Besides, Linzor is one medstyler who's pretty good at it and liked the update due to the new possibilities. Medstyle has changed, but players are creating new tricks now, which actually sounds like a good thing.

Originally Posted by Jaay2 View Post
    I'd love to see a way to toggle off and on the lose camera during wallruns
    This is something I can agree with.

5. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eran (05-05-2022)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    I disagree with unlocking the camera during the whole wall run. It was tested prior to the update and decided against.

Yeah, medstyle community has died before and I don't think there was more to explore for them? They've done all tricks. Besides, Linzor is one medstyler who's pretty good at it and liked the update due to the new possibilities. Medstyle has changed, but players are creating new tricks now, which actually sounds like a good thing.

if you can completely turn this into a toggleable thing, then i'm im all for it, i just didnt know that was a possibility. I personally would completely disable that option, because I dont feel the need to be able to move my crosshair around during a bounce animation lock, considering that a simple slash or hang can both cancel the lock, and allow me to dash.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks

About that, I also have been medstyling (not just Linzor) since the update and can say the unlocked wall run has opened new possibilities in medstyle (has been posted on FGunZ Discord). Medstyle was not broken with the update, it just made it harder. You can still medstyle just you may need to use a bit unnatural angles to do the classical tricks to land where you want to land.

Overall medstyle was not destroyed it was just changed to be harder & has opened the door to new tricks. I know Linzor has made a new trick with this change, and I've personally also done a few new medstyle variations.

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    About that, I also have been medstyling (not just Linzor) since the update and can say the unlocked wall run has opened new possibilities in medstyle (has been posted on FGunZ Discord). Medstyle was not broken with the update, it just made it harder. You can still medstyle just you may need to use a bit unnatural angles to do the classical tricks to land where you want to land.

Overall medstyle was not destroyed it was just changed to be harder & has opened the door to new tricks. I know Linzor has made a new trick with this change, and I've personally also done a few new medstyle variations.
    Come on. I've already done like 10-15 new tricks (stopped counting), and every old trick is still landable. If anything, it makes medstyle easier, because you are not bounded by the mouse and can actually do every trick by just holding down w theoretically by looking wherever you want, and if you so wished to mimic what it was before, you can just not move your mouse at all, which only requires one's willpower. The days of knowing the ins and outs of a trick to be able to do it backwards, for example, extended monk, are over, and when I medstyle now i feel the same as i did when i put [G50] tags to have some fun with insanely unrealistic medstyle tricks.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    new changes is fun and more flexible to fight in the air. personally i like this wall run with no lock camera thing keep it as it
    Sprayers are enjoying wall thing much better than before trust me or try it

+easier medstyle (now it is possible even noobie can do some tricks all we need is control)
    +flexible in air fight for SG players (cus reload is more important while wall running it was before blind thing now its called skill moves)
    +spry wall run = more powerful

-sometimes fail wall run (lack of proper direction and timing)

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Medstyle be better for it ok

11. The following 4 users say thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Abaaba (05-06-2022), McSic (05-06-2022), Ommadawn (05-10-2022), StephanM (05-08-2022)

Banned

Thanks

Medstyle is dead indeed, I'm the only one left who creates a room from time to time, but the thing is, old tricks are becoming semi-impossible because of the new unlocked camera, you'll only really understand if you're an old medstyler, as there's a certain feeling you get when medstyling for angling and usually I move the mouse alot but that's a 180 degree turn right now, instead of the 'right' old angle you'd end up in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information