Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The reason why we don't want to have too many more public room mods is that we don't want the room creation screen to look like the one for the ETs:

https://puu.sh/J0udr/408dde35eb.jpg

And with every new (public) room mod the screen gets a little worse. We're at a point where we really have to think twice if we should add another room mod (or perhaps remove old/unused ones first).
    While this interface shows every option at one screen, I imagine a simple dropdownlist would be much more user friendly. This is for the normal player: normal rooms dont have gravity jump and speed mods unfortunately. For ets there could be a secondary dropdownlist for those three: you dont really need [S101] and representative numbers like multiples of 10 and 25 are enough.
    Instead of 30 tags you have 2 dropdownlists where each selection gets added to a secondary line below the room title displaying which tags have been selected.

Behind the scenes you could have a few lines of code autoremove conflicting tags like (god cancelling vamp,nc,nr,vanilla), (dmg1 cancelling dmg2,dmg3), (IA cancelling AD, NG) etc.

A player in normal rooms really only needs one dropdownlist with all of the tags, scrollable. Or perhaps more, separated by purpose: ranged weapons, melee weapons, health changes (including HPAP%, DMG1/2/3 and the others)
    I dont think variety is a disadvantage, especially in a game that needs to constantly evolve to a community. Removing the fun mode tags for normal players years ago is still something i consider a mistake even if they werent used as much.

I see 27 tags in the ET room settings which could all be in a single dropdownlist.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-16-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Thread Information