Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Lets add a no med option to rooms. I've seen a slight increase in nades/mines lately in rooms. I think it would be nice to have an option for no meds/no healing rooms. Would benefit and offer large Garden tdm rooms a bit more chaos. We've been so used to the "default/meta" of running meds always that the very idea of using something else in your item slot doesn't even occur.

Sure maybe if added to the game it has a high possible chance of not ever being put to use, but we have EX/SGO/SNO/Revs room tags so it just doesn't make sense as why we don't have this included. Other than lack of popularity, but most of the room tags don't see much use in the first place, there's just no reason not to have it included other than the extreme bias mentality that lots of GunZ players tend to have toward the game.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Lets add a no med option to rooms. I've seen a slight increase in nades/mines lately in rooms. I think it would be nice to have an option for no meds/no healing rooms. Would benefit and offer large Garden tdm rooms a bit more chaos. We've been so used to the "default/meta" of running meds always that the very idea of using something else in your item slot doesn't even occur.

Sure maybe if added to the game it has a high possible chance of not ever being put to use, but we have EX/SGO/SNO/Revs room tags so it just doesn't make sense as why we don't have this included. Other than lack of popularity, but most of the room tags don't see much use in the first place, there's just no reason not to have it included other than the extreme bias mentality that lots of GunZ players tend to have toward the game.
    The reason why we don't want to have too many more public room mods is that we don't want the room creation screen to look like the one for the ETs:

And with every new (public) room mod the screen gets a little worse. We're at a point where we really have to think twice if we should add another room mod (or perhaps remove old/unused ones first).

3. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Ommadawn (05-15-2022)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    The reason why we don't want to have too many more public room mods is that we don't want the room creation screen to look like the one for the ETs:

https://puu.sh/J0udr/408dde35eb.jpg

And with every new (public) room mod the screen gets a little worse. We're at a point where we really have to think twice if we should add another room mod (or perhaps remove old/unused ones first).
    The [R] [IA] in room titles could be a possible fix for it (just typing it out) - those two specifically really made FGunZ, FGunZ back in the day. Kinda miss those tags

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jaay2 View Post
    The [R] [IA] in room titles could be a possible fix for it (just typing it out) - those two specifically really made FGunZ, FGunZ back in the day. Kinda miss those tags
    these tag with 10-12 dmg sgs make the game sound veri fun

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jaay2 View Post
    Adding these two tags back is a terrible idea

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Amers (05-16-2022), SunRui (05-15-2022)

Banned

Thanks
    It's good idea, with tdm garden to see how these coward pill users do with flash n smoke n nade. With multiple tags in the creation page. How about you track which tags don't get used as of now and remove them to add other potential tags which can change ppls gameplay. Tags like HPAP % no one uses.

9. The following user said thank you to ImComming4U for this useful post:

Desecration (05-16-2022)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    It's good idea, with tdm garden to see how these coward pill users do with flash n smoke n nade. With multiple tags in the creation page. How about you track which tags don't get used as of now and remove them to add other potential tags which can change ppls gameplay. Tags like HPAP % no one uses.
    I see people using HPAP% in fact we have multiple events on the Event List which use it. As for the OP let's keep the room options simple, in fact if we can we look to optimize our options...

Spoiler!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post

https://puu.sh/J0udr/408dde35eb.jpg

While this interface shows every option at one screen, I imagine a simple dropdownlist would be much more user friendly. This is for the normal player: normal rooms dont have gravity jump and speed mods unfortunately. For ets there could be a secondary dropdownlist for those three: you dont really need [S101] and representative numbers like multiples of 10 and 25 are enough.
    Instead of 30 tags you have 2 dropdownlists where each selection gets added to a secondary line below the room title displaying which tags have been selected.

Behind the scenes you could have a few lines of code autoremove conflicting tags like (god cancelling vamp,nc,nr,vanilla), (dmg1 cancelling dmg2,dmg3), (IA cancelling AD, NG) etc.

A player in normal rooms really only needs one dropdownlist with all of the tags, scrollable. Or perhaps more, separated by purpose: ranged weapons, melee weapons, health changes (including HPAP%, DMG1/2/3 and the others)
    I dont think variety is a disadvantage, especially in a game that needs to constantly evolve to a community. Removing the fun mode tags for normal players years ago is still something i consider a mistake even if they werent used as much.

I see 27 tags in the ET room settings which could all be in a single dropdownlist.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-16-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    I'm sure Roll the Dice, RPG, FPS, Hardcore, Bouncy Oblivion don't see much use. Also Vanilla mode is one I don't see much. Wonder if thereis a way to track these. I like the idea of tracking them and with the possibility of rotating them on a set cycle (monthly, weekly, etc).

@justrelax ok if simple is the way to go then why not have a setup like: limit weapons(with a drop down list), limit items(with a drop down list), Ammo Drop, Hardcore, and the hp/ap multiplier.

@Bunny I like the idea of a more simplified window with integrated drop down lists. Also maybe as you suggested separate the lists depending on what channel/lobby you're in. Also the fact that having a variety is beneficial, but I can also see how it can become overwhelming...if the window looks like it does currently. With the addition of a few drop down list and grouping a lot of these categorically that the window itself can look a lot more sleek while still being able to add more variety for tags.

I'm just saying though that the EX and SGO/weapon limiters were specifically added to cater to the large group of biased views towards the game and an attempt to keep the community satisfied.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    think suggestion useless and will only get used once in a blue moon but i do think simplifying the game creation screen with drop down menus would be a lot easier

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

14. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Desecration (05-23-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information