Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    No, this doesn't make the most sense. If we change the rule from event points to rounds, first 3 winner events will not make sense. Then we have events where we have multiple hosts hunting or being hunted which awards 2 points per round (not necessarily that the host is hunting) and oftentimes these events only last 3 rounds, so it will not make sense if we limit amount of rounds when we should be doing points. To make things simple we will keep it as points and will not have to make custom global rules for every 3 winner event and/or events that can award multiple points per round per standard default hosting.
    It would be incredibly easy for a host to get someone out of an event after winning 2 points. "Okay doing 2 points this round, oh Linzor you already won 2 points so you can't play this round, too bad!"

So why don't you just make it both. If you host smaller events that normally has more than 2 points per round then you can just clarify that for that specific event you can only win 3 points. But to kick someone out of an event because you decide to change the amount of points (bonus points) for a specific round is dumb.

i won 3 rounds in a row with everyone dying and yet I would not receive the point. Take a guess: did the host try to keep rerounding? Obviously not. He would rather have no winners than give me the fourth point. Because its "unfair"? To who? When has skill become unfair?
    If the host has already told you that you cannot win more points and then you decide to play anyways and make it first, regardless of everyone else dying or not, you shouldn't expect a point. He already told you can't win more.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    It would be incredibly easy for a host to get someone out of an event after winning 2 points. "Okay doing 2 points this round, oh Linzor you already won 2 points so you can't play this round, too bad!"

So why don't you just make it both. If you host smaller events that normally has more than 2 points per round then you can just clarify that for that specific event you can only win 3 points. But to kick someone out of an event because you decide to change the amount of points (bonus points) for a specific round is dumb.
    We never said we are kicking anyone, at most we only kick people when it is PvP events & that is if and only if they have reached the cap, but that is understandable. As for 2 point rounds as I said that is considered bonus (if they aren't in the original event description) and those cases aren't going to be affected by the cap. So, "Linzor you have 2 points, well we will be doing a 2 point round but you can still win since the extra point is a bonus from us".

Conclusion (TLDR): Anyhow 3 event points is the cap unless it is a bonus round &/ prize.

As mentioned in my post an hour or so back.

Spoiler!

Thread Information