Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description: Add assist counter

Implement an assist counter along with the kill and death counter. That way I can hold the record for most assist in game. MAiET somewhat did this with the all kill symbol you get for damaging every enemy on the other team. Lots of other popular shooters use it, why not add it into GunZ. That or remove damage and death counters from the game.
    Last edited by Desecration; 05-18-2022 at 07:19 PM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Amers (05-19-2022), Pain (05-20-2022)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Could do like in games like league of legends to add an assist counter in the tab view. However I dont think it would be too informative. Who cares that you might have accidentally hit 5 people?
    If you did one damage to every enemy with 1 accidental pellet your assist count would be insane. But in reality, you did very little to help your team win. Damage counter is whats currently being used to determine "usefulness" or how good you are, and its much better at it.

4. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

SunRui (05-18-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    You can do something like when someone did at least 200 dmg on a guy, then he will gain an assist

6. The following user said thank you to chingchong for this useful post:

Pain (05-20-2022)

Amers's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    yeah man, good idea. +1
    "Nobody cares, work harder"
    Love everyone, but trust no one

nezo_pro2's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah , it would be a very goood and usefull idea ��

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Could do like in games like league of legends to add an assist counter in the tab view. However I dont think it would be too informative. Who cares that you might have accidentally hit 5 people?
    If you did one damage to every enemy with 1 accidental pellet your assist count would be insane. But in reality, you did very little to help your team win. Damage counter is whats currently being used to determine "usefulness" or how good you are, and its much better at it.
    I understand that it's usefulness to determine a players "worthiness" on a team is very low. However the way I play I'm either doing no damage a round or I'm doing a lot. I'm either dying first each round or I'm helping the team push through. And people love to call out others who "don't do damage" but never point out when you actually do decent damage. Honestly though I think the damage counter itself creates more toxicity than if we were to remove it completely. It's just another way to compare **** sizes. If anything I think the ELO system should and will replace the damage counter sooner or later. It's easy to sit back and spam shotguns and rack up damage quickly when the enemy isn't paying attention to you.

As for how to implement it I don't think it should have a damage cap to offer you an assist. Rather, have it on a timer just like League. Where after 10 seconds or so if that player hasn't died that you hit, the assist isn't credited. Sure this sounds very pointless to add but I think it'd be interesting to have nonetheless.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    However the way I play I'm either doing no damage a round or I'm doing a lot.
    when does this ever happen

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

EyesReye's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I think it's a good idea because I often have a hard time getting kills in TDM even when dealing good damage that round. (600+)
    By adding assists you have something to "show" for if you aren't getting any kills, but are actively helping your team secure kills.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SunRui View Post
    when does this ever happen
    1v1 bro?? I'ma start SSing when I do top damage and drop a bomb on forums next year

and it's instances like this where assist would be useful

@EyesReye yes exactly. Just another way to prove we're not useless.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I understand that it's usefulness to determine a players "worthiness" on a team is very low. However the way I play I'm either doing no damage a round or I'm doing a lot. I'm either dying first each round or I'm helping the team push through. And people love to call out others who "don't do damage" but never point out when you actually do decent damage. Honestly though I think the damage counter itself creates more toxicity than if we were to remove it completely. It's just another way to compare **** sizes. If anything I think the ELO system should and will replace the damage counter sooner or later. It's easy to sit back and spam shotguns and rack up damage quickly when the enemy isn't paying attention to you.

As for how to implement it I don't think it should have a damage cap to offer you an assist. Rather, have it on a timer just like League. Where after 10 seconds or so if that player hasn't died that you hit, the assist isn't credited. Sure this sounds very pointless to add but I think it'd be interesting to have nonetheless.
    More or less anything in this game is about comparing **** sizes. The ELO system, kda ratio, damage, basically everything. Thats why this will hold 0 value other than a "neat number to see", because standing back and racking up damage is easy, but benefits every aspect of the game- you win more, deal more damage, get more elo, and you would have the most assists in this case because its easy to try and hit everyone once from a safe position anyways, maybe part for the rare case where you go on a rampage 1v10. People dont tend to say "good job" for things because nobody really cares. Its not a team game where you gain LP because your team did a good job, you go into a tdm and you try to make your brain release the good chemicals by just playing well. And playing well without hiding, doing consistent damage and moving impressive-ly is whats considered good in this game. A kda ratio usually (and statistically speaking) follows. If you do more damage more frequently- youll likely get more kills too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information