Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
Could do like in games like league of legends to add an assist counter in the tab view. However I dont think it would be too informative. Who cares that you might have accidentally hit 5 people?
If you did one damage to every enemy with 1 accidental pellet your assist count would be insane. But in reality, you did very little to help your team win. Damage counter is whats currently being used to determine "usefulness" or how good you are, and its much better at it.
I understand that it's usefulness to determine a players "worthiness" on a team is very low. However the way I play I'm either doing no damage a round or I'm doing a lot. I'm either dying first each round or I'm helping the team push through. And people love to call out others who "don't do damage" but never point out when you actually do decent damage. Honestly though I think the damage counter itself creates more toxicity than if we were to remove it completely. It's just another way to compare **** sizes. If anything I think the ELO system should and will replace the damage counter sooner or later. It's easy to sit back and spam shotguns and rack up damage quickly when the enemy isn't paying attention to you.

As for how to implement it I don't think it should have a damage cap to offer you an assist. Rather, have it on a timer just like League. Where after 10 seconds or so if that player hasn't died that you hit, the assist isn't credited. Sure this sounds very pointless to add but I think it'd be interesting to have nonetheless.