Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    3
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ


    Suggestion description:



    I'm noticing in TDM rooms, especially Garden map, a lot of players keep joining the winning team or the team with the better players (easily seen with Elo). It often causes the room to become unbalanced and one team winning most of the time while the other team has no chance, which is very boring.

    We have auto balance to fix this, but it does not work well at all as from what I've seen the auto balance is only triggered when a team with more players wins a round. The losing team doesn't always have less players as when you join a room it automatically selects the smaller team, and people who can't be bothered to stack end up on the losing team.

    My suggestion is to change auto balance so it is NOT just triggered if a team has more players. Somehow make it trigger if one team is clearly getting their ass kicked, for example losing 3 rounds in a row, doing less damage, getting less kills, etc.

    It would also be nice if you could rework the auto balance logic that decides how to restructure teams. I think it just sends the highest damage or KD player to the other team, but that doesn't always "balance" the teams. For example if team A has the #1 and #4 players, and team B has the #2 and #3 players, when team A wins it sends #1 to team B and makes the game completely unbalanced. Maybe it would have been better to send #4 to team B. This smarter balance system could probably be achieved using Elo, and no it won't be perfect but it will still be miles better than the current system.

  2. #2
    Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Posts
    550
    Thanked
    572
    Thanks
    131
    Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ


    Suggestion description:



    I'm noticing in TDM rooms, especially Garden map, a lot of players keep joining the winning team or the team with the better players (easily seen with Elo). It often causes the room to become unbalanced and one team winning most of the time while the other team has no chance, which is very boring.

    We have auto balance to fix this, but it does not work well at all as from what I've seen the auto balance is only triggered when a team with more players wins a round. The losing team doesn't always have less players as when you join a room it automatically selects the smaller team, and people who can't be bothered to stack end up on the losing team.

    My suggestion is to change auto balance so it is NOT just triggered if a team has more players. Somehow make it trigger if one team is clearly getting their ass kicked, for example losing 3 rounds in a row, doing less damage, getting less kills, etc.

    It would also be nice if you could rework the auto balance logic that decides how to restructure teams. I think it just sends the highest damage or KD player to the other team, but that doesn't always "balance" the teams. For example if team A has the #1 and #4 players, and team B has the #2 and #3 players, when team A wins it sends #1 to team B and makes the game completely unbalanced. Maybe it would have been better to send #4 to team B. This smarter balance system could probably be achieved using Elo, and no it won't be perfect but it will still be miles better than the current system.
    Stacking in TDM for elo is really annoying i agree with you but we cant do anything to such players and about this suggestion its already existed (random switch every round: enable it) idk how u considering #1 2 3, few players in alt char with high skill/low elo points also playing in TDM so balancing with ranking is not good (random is kinda okay to me) but current random switch is bugged/broken. they're aware of it and working on it I assume, probably fixing in next patch.

    ~new rule should be added for stackers same as death avoiding and afk limit should change to 2rounds (more than 2rounds afk = auto kick, pls include this feature to staff as well cus tony afk too much :K pogu tony unkickable dosawala)

    ~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

    "Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky


    you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

  3. #3
    Freestyler

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    752
    Thanked
    139
    Thanks
    134
    Some Elo warriors are also changing back to the winning team even after they get auto'd. Which is quiet annoying and kills the game and the point of auto system. Some GMs are ok with this apparently lol. Make it so that if a particular user does this like 3 times within a hour then give them 10 mins time out.

    Overall in a garden tdm the auto system is fked indeed. You see one good team and other team with 1-3 good players and rest are noobs. These noobs are stuck in this team and cause of them it looses.
    HHHHhHHHHhHHHHhhhHHHhHhHHHHhHHhHhhhhHhhHHHHHHHHhhhhHhhhHHhHhH Br

  4. #4
    New Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    7
    Thanked
    0
    Thanks
    3
    Random works with normal rotation TDM but in Garden people cry and leave if it is enabled. Also my suggestion is better than random IMO: it will only change the teams if one team is winning more often rather than force random all the time, and it will try to balance the teams rather than randomly switch players

    And you two are right that this won't stop idiots from rejoining every time they get auto'd, but I don't know if forcing people to stay in a team is a good idea or even doable
    Last edited by mrguy; 05-30-2022 at 09:03 PM.

  5. #5
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Posts
    8,548
    Thanked
    550
    Thanks
    7,419
    2 changes have been made for the Auto-team-balance which should improve TDM gameplay when it's enabled:

    - If auto-team-balance is enabled: Auto-team-balance now gets triggered if teams are uneven by 1 (previously the larger team would need to be larger by 2). So if teams are uneven (e.g. 4v3) and the larger team wins, auto-team-balance now gets triggered (whereas before it would only trigger if 4v2)

    - If auto-team-balance is enabled and teams are even (e.g. 4v4): Teams are now randomized if one team loses 3 times in a row

    Coming in next update.

  6. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

    Ommadawn (06-19-2022), Weu (06-19-2022)

  7. #6
    New Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanked
    19
    Thanks
    6
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    2 changes have been made for the Auto-team-balance which should improve TDM gameplay when it's enabled:

    - If auto-team-balance is enabled: Auto-team-balance now gets triggered if teams are uneven by 1 (previously the larger team would need to be larger by 2). So if teams are uneven (e.g. 4v3) and the larger team wins, auto-team-balance now gets triggered (whereas before it would only trigger if 4v2)

    - If auto-team-balance is enabled and teams are even (e.g. 4v4): Teams are now randomized if one team loses 3 times in a row

    Coming in next update.
    while i think the second option is definitely nice, i feel like the first one would just trigger autobalance like every single game, its not often rooms are evenly balanced 5v5, first option seems like it could get hectic

  8. #7
    Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Posts
    326
    Thanked
    526
    Thanks
    308
    I wouldn't even really call it stacking for ELO as good players and friends have always stuck together in teams, even in non team gametypes. It is particularly bad for your ELO if you're on the losing team and getting rekt constantly, or in my case getting rekt regardless of which team you're on. The best solution would probably be to add a room option to auto shuffle players each round. That way even people who purposely are trying to stay on a particular team will only be able to play if they're spawned authentically at the start of the round.

  9. #8
    McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Posts
    8,548
    Thanked
    550
    Thanks
    7,419
    Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    I wouldn't even really call it stacking for ELO as good players and friends have always stuck together in teams, even in non team gametypes. It is particularly bad for your ELO if you're on the losing team and getting rekt constantly, or in my case getting rekt regardless of which team you're on. The best solution would probably be to add a room option to auto shuffle players each round. That way even people who purposely are trying to stay on a particular team will only be able to play if they're spawned authentically at the start of the round.
    That room option already exists (randomize teams) and you can choose how often it should shuffle/randomize teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)