Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    A possible downside I can see here that it would make players extend the fights / giving enemies and yourself more chances to med so you can deal more damage, e.g. instead of choosing to chase the enemy down and kill him before he meds up. So in that sense such a change would affect your gameplay decisions?
    I don't see that happening in clan wars since players are so competitive all they'd want is to kill as fast as possible and win clan war points.
    And also because everything is possible in gunz, situations can easily change from being at an advantage to being in a disadvantage.
    Everything happens so fast I doubt they would just let their enemies med.
    In tdm everyone just wants to get the kill in that case you can't expect a whole team to let 1 player med, they will all just chase the enemy down.
    What you're saying sounds a little like swapping to me which can happen with kills too so there's that downside with the current way it is now as well.
    Last edited by Eran; 06-10-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    Nvm sorry delete.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    A possible downside I can see here that it would make players extend the fights / giving enemies and yourself more chances to med so you can deal more damage, e.g. instead of choosing to chase the enemy down and kill him before he meds up. So in that sense such a change would affect your gameplay decisions?
    It doesn't have to be strictly damage affecting elo changes in that case. Say you're matched up with a pretty bad teammate but you manage to deal lots of damage before eventually losing the 2v2. You lost, so clearly you should lose elo, but you also played well, so maybe gain some too. Overall, it could be that you'd want to balance good performance elo gain and loss elo loss for a net ~0 elo gain.
    If it just so happens that you win, then you both won and did lots of damage, so you should get double the elo, while your teammate which is kind of bad shouldnt get as much just for getting carried if they did less damage.

Thanks
    Definitely brings up a good point, some players only clan war with the best players possible whereas others clan war with just about anyone who'll say yes. While at the end of the day the players you play with are up to you, you shouldn't get punished too harshly elo wise for tryna have fun. It'd be nice if there was a tweak to that.

5. The following user said thank you to zerojjxx for this useful post:

Eran (06-11-2022)

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Emxrald View Post
    It wont work my friend. AE doesnt proceed to deal damage

It does, in this patch everyone going ae in the middle of fight easy to hit 2k dmg lol free kills as well (if you dont trust me I can send you a replay of someone wiped out entire team)

CW is not only 2vs2, buddy. You can even play 5vs5, nothing is impossible.
    True cw isn't only 2v2 but what about 2v2? you need to do 500dmg to gain elo in 2v2 cw match that's impossible!

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Faky View Post
    True cw isn't only 2v2 but what about 2v2? you need to do 500dmg to gain elo in 2v2 cw match that's impossible!
    We can do it based on the amount of characters in the team. Don't worry about those numbers.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    It doesn't have to be strictly damage affecting elo changes in that case. Say you're matched up with a pretty bad teammate but you manage to deal lots of damage before eventually losing the 2v2. You lost, so clearly you should lose elo, but you also played well, so maybe gain some too. Overall, it could be that you'd want to balance good performance elo gain and loss elo loss for a net ~0 elo gain.
    If it just so happens that you win, then you both won and did lots of damage, so you should get double the elo, while your teammate which is kind of bad shouldnt get as much just for getting carried if they did less damage.
    Yeah that makes sense. Will have to come up with some good numbers for that.

Idea (to keep it somewhat simple):

If you win, you get elo. (If you're MVP: You get 1.5x ?)

If you lose, you lose elo only if you did not deal the required amount of damage:

For each enemy in the room (except if enemy team is bigger than yours, where it considers the size of your team):

1000+: 20 dmg per enemy
    2000+: 40 dmg per enemy
    3000+: 80 dmg per enemy
    4000+: 120 dmg per enemy
    5000+: 160 dmg per enemy
    6000+: 200 dmg per enemy

Just throwing some numbers out there.

Another idea:

I did try spreading the elo gain/loss evenly among the team based on damage % of total team damage, when we first added elo, but that system was pretty harsh for the players. However, we could follow that approach for the losing team only - and for the winning team: everyone gets the same (based on his/her elo, like it currently is), except for the MVP (1.5x). That might work.

So say you lose, but you did 70% of your team's damage, so you only lose 30% of what you'd normally lose.

8. The following 5 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eran (06-11-2022), Faky (06-11-2022), Ommadawn (06-13-2022), StephanM (06-11-2022), SunRui (06-11-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    I deal an averaged dmg of 800 per round. Lets work with this number

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Another idea:

I did try spreading the elo gain/loss evenly among the team based on damage % of total team damage, when we first added elo, but that system was pretty harsh for the players. However, we could follow that approach for the losing team only - and for the winning team: everyone gets the same (based on his/her elo, like it currently is), except for the MVP (1.5x). That might work.

So say you lose, but you did 70% of your team's damage, so you only lose 30% of what you'd normally lose.
    Elo loss depending on damage has been added in the next update. We'll see how it works out.

Edit: update planned for release in a few hours from now.

11. The following 2 users say thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eran (06-14-2022), SunRui (06-14-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information