Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Suggestion is to add an option similar to Hide Helmets, but for the entire outfit. The hide helmet option doesn't hide certain gloves that are visual helmets, plus some armor are just bulkier and make it harder to see in front of you.

Edit: An option to make my own character always 75% transparent would work too, that way I can still see my outfit but it won't get in my way too much

Here is an example of why I make this suggestion https://imgur.com/a/Zw0NI3J
    Last edited by mrguy; 06-27-2022 at 11:51 PM.

2. The following user said thank you to mrguy for this useful post:

furl (07-09-2022)

Emerald's Avatar Think, believe and dream.

Country
    Thanks
    Why don’t you get yourself nice clothes instead of hiding them ?

Thanks
    It's a function vs style issue. There are clothes that I like the look of, but give me a big disadvantage by blocking more of my screen. With this option I won't see my cool outfit but others will. It will still give me a disadvantage by making me easier to be seen by others, but I can live with that.

If FGunz can implement an option to make my character always 50-75% transparent for me instead, that could work too

5. The following user said thank you to mrguy for this useful post:

furl (07-09-2022)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
    There are clothes that I like the look of, but give me a big disadvantage by blocking more of my screen. With this option I won't see my cool outfit but others will.
    Why do you seek to hide your own clothes if it's you who likes them? I'm a little confused on why you would choose to hide clothes you like, if only to allow other players, who may or may not like them and most probably don't really care about whether or not they see them, and especially in a case where they are bulkier and lead you to believe such a thing puts you in a disadvantage, hand out an advantage to other people, just because you want them to see how nice the outfit you can't see is?

Thanks
    I added example to my original post and another option to make character transparent instead. I just don't know if devs will want to add character transparency option since everyone will want to use it for the advantage.

To answer Bunny, yes I want others to see my outfit. I also want to see my own outfit, but I would rather be able to see in front of me. If the devs are okay with adding the transparency option then I can have both, otherwise hiding the outfit will do

8. The following user said thank you to mrguy for this useful post:

furl (07-09-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Have you tried playing around with the FOV/Camera Distance? Might help you with your bulky set.

10. The following user said thank you to Platform for this useful post:

furl (07-09-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    This is a fantastic suggestion. It would probably be a lot of work so maybe it cannot make it high on the priority list but I think the OP is onto something. Specifically headgear is already handled (as pointed out). Would be amazing to see a /outfit macro which would allow us to hotkey bind hiding of our gear when we need to make a play in a tight quarters area but not leave us wanting to play with default clothes.

Thread Information