Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Turbo rooms become fast-paced quickly even with just a modest amount of people playing. A lot of times, especially when the room gets filled, leaving becomes a mission to survive for 5 seconds instead of just... leaving. It's not really that hard but it becomes annoying when you have to suddenly do something like answer the door or a phone call. I've also seen some new players who obviously don't know what they're doing try to quit but keep getting killed within milliseconds after their invulnerability disappears, resetting their wait time over and over again until they just alt + F4 or they miraculously don't get shot at for 5 seconds.

The downside of removing it is that it allows death-avoiding, but I feel like nobody will actually death-avoid a Turbo room. It's faster and less work to just let yourself get killed and respawn again than it is to leave a room and rejoin. If it happens then it's simple for players to record and report since they would have to do it really frequently.

2. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

furl (07-13-2022)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Like you said, it opens the door for death-avoiding and I feel if this change is made it will be exactly that. Right now you can leave in 5 seconds which means your serious in leaving, but if you could leave instantly you could death evade as long as the other player isn't using a sniper.

Spoiler!

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah but realistically who death-avoids in Turbo? People who are anal about their death count won't join Turbo rooms because of how easy it is to die. It's also really easy to record and report if abused.

It just seems silly for someone to abuse it in Turbo rooms. Saves a lot of hassle for more people, much more helpful than it is harmful in my opinion.

TonySoprano's Avatar GM

Country
    Thanks
    I don't agree with instantly leaving but maybe a reduced timer to 1-2 seconds could solve that problem. As you stated, death avoiding is already a problem in some modes and people would find a way to abuse it in turbo too.

6. The following 3 users say thank you to TonySoprano for this useful post:

Cid (07-11-2022), King (07-11-2022), Ommadawn (07-11-2022)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    This is 100% the way, I think even like 3 seconds would be a lot better. Comically I've tried to leave games just hitting the button and taking my hands off the keyboard and just offloading free kills for 15 seconds

8. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Faky (07-12-2022)

Emerald's Avatar Think, believe and dream.

Country
    Thanks
    I don't understand why you guys make it so complicated when you can always leave the room without suffering deaths. Just take your hands off the keyboard and press ESC + L. Solved case.

There are also times when you remain a while without dying, you can use the function to leave the room without waiting for 5 seconds to pass.

Faky's Avatar Stop Being Fake

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    I don't understand why you guys make it so complicated when you can always leave the room without suffering deaths. Just take your hands off the keyboard and press ESC + L. Solved case.

There are also times when you remain a while without dying, you can use the function to leave the room without waiting for 5 seconds to pass.
    Genius
    Why don't you guys follow him??

O.T: if insta leave added to turbo, players will abuse room like old days, kill-insta leave - join get spawn protection n kill again leave if you want better k/d=repeat;

~Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Signature
    ]

"Dreams are short-time happiness"
    -Faky

you can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I think the best solution would be reduce it to 3 seconds and if someone abuses it then you know where's the report section is (or contact a staff member).

12. The following 3 users say thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Amamin (07-12-2022), justRelax (07-14-2022), TonySoprano (07-13-2022)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    In addition to maybe lowering the wait to 3 seconds, maybe it's also possible to make it so that the time you have to wait doesn't get reset every time you die? Resetting to 5 seconds after dying is really the biggest reason for why it's hard to leave a Turbo room.

This would also be a good alternative in my opinion, and if it happens then you can just keep the 5 second wait because at least you will leave the room guaranteed.

14. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Faky (07-12-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    OP identified real issue, I don't like any of the proposed solution enough yet to support them.

How to make something better than ALT+F4 to exit from Turbo? OP is onto something here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information