Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:
    My post today is suggesting there would be a rework of the Autobalance System specifically in rated lobbies.

This idea comes in 3 parts to achieve the outcome I would prefer (and ultimately am trying to suggest).

NOTE: I understand my limited knowledge of the existing code limits my ability to know what can and cannot be done. Please keep this in mind with my ideas.

1. Introduce "local EELO" for evaluation of a player within the lobby.

E.g. Player may have 3000 ELO but he logs in and is not warmed up, his performance would hugely hurt his teams win chance if he is rated at his full ELO. If game is tracking the ELO fresh since start of lobby a comparison could be made as needed for Effective ELO (EELO).

EDIT:
    Clarifying point: The ELO fresh only exist to compare against actual ELO to determine how up and down the player is playing. This up or down magnitude can be used to determine proper TSR for this session (in combination with existing ELO ratings).

Other Benefit:
    -Support rejoin player (disconnect and game room switch equip)

2. Create a TSR value based on blended average between actual ELO and EELO do not show it to the players.
    -Inflate sigma rapidly during "hot streaks" there will be more stability in the brackets for TSR since it would not be based on the performance metrics like kills but rather just win/loss e.g. determinant for team play.

NOTE: Since we discuss Autobalance, this implies Team Play. No comment on whether TSR would be neccesary in The Duel but could help reduce Win Trading.

3. Use TSR to determine min and max ELO gains and use TSR instead for the Autobalance comparison.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bring these suggestions to bridge this gap that come naturally from varying levels of player performance. We all have good days, we all have bad days. Now maybe there can be a more competitive experience for Team Play for all.

Final thoughts; thanks for reading my suggestion. If you see ways to make better or why it is not going to work please share them!
    Last edited by furl; 07-28-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Information