Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Why do you think it should only be visible to see your team mates flashed but not the enemy that's flashed?
    The advantage over an enemy becomes very large whereas the advantage of "saving" a blinded friend is more in line with the existing way the mechanic works.

Main concern with showing on enemy: Person using flash can hide in cover while they apply the grenade, and then go check to see if the grenade hit afterward basically avoiding any possible risk of self-flash.

As for the Teammate knowing, it saves building a chat macro to team which says "Help I am blind" and so it is just convenient and not offering something that was not already there (i.e. team only chat).

Even simpler than showing some kind of new animation to indicate the flash it could just say in team chat.

Team: >>Furl<< has been blinded.

Then add checkbox to filter this new dialogue from the chat for those who do not want it.

Thoughts?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by furl View Post
    The advantage over an enemy becomes very large whereas the advantage of "saving" a blinded friend is more in line with the existing way the mechanic works.

Main concern with showing on enemy: Person using flash can hide in cover while they apply the grenade, and then go check to see if the grenade hit afterward basically avoiding any possible risk of self-flash.

As for the Teammate knowing, it saves building a chat macro to team which says "Help I am blind" and so it is just convenient and not offering something that was not already there (i.e. team only chat).

Even simpler than showing some kind of new animation to indicate the flash it could just say in team chat.

Team: >>Furl<< has been blinded.

Then add checkbox to filter this new dialogue from the chat for those who do not want it.

Thoughts?
    I somewhat agree with knowing if the enemy is flashed. Could possibly become somewhat abused. I still think it'd be interesting to experiment with for a week or so and get some collective thoughts afterwards.

As for knowing if your team mate is flashed, I don't think adding an alert into the chat would be useful as most players don't look at chat while they're in the zone. Also in bigger rooms where many players can be hit by flash this would cause spam in the chat. Which is why you suggested the additional chat filter in options. So that's why I suggested some kind of HUD symbol instead. I think having this symbol for team mates would be a nice addition to help enforce team play.

If anything do trials for both ways for both aspects (just team vs enemy) (chat vs symbol/alert) and get everyone's opinions on it after a week. I appreciate your perspective on my suggestion.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

3. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

furl (08-10-2022)

Thread Information