Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type: fg00nz

Suggestion description: flash nade alert

Add some way to label players that have been affected by flash nades be it a symbol, aura, etc. When I think of this idea I immediately think of Metal Gear Solid's "!" symbol that appears overtop of enemies when they spot you. Make it so all players (enemies and team mates) are able to see the form of indication.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Suggestion type: fg00nz

Suggestion description: flash nade alert

Add some way to label players that have been affected by flash nades be it a symbol, aura, etc. When I think of this idea I immediately think of Metal Gear Solid's "!" symbol that appears overtop of enemies when they spot you. Make it so all players (enemies and team mates) are able to see the form of indication.
    Yh this is quiet common in other games. They should consider this idea would help build flash based game play if we know certain user is having the affect. Maybe fading of the flash symbol on head etc

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ImComming4U View Post
    Yh this is quiet common in other games. They should consider this idea would help build flash based game play if we know certain user is having the affect. Maybe fading of the flash symbol on head etc
    xCyclone also proposed a second buff/nerf to flash nades in a conversation him and I had today. But I won't post upon his behalf. Although he does think that they need to revert back to being able to flash your team + yourself.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    xCyclone also proposed a second buff/nerf to flash nades in a conversation him and I had today. But I won't post upon his behalf. Although he does think that they need to revert back to being able to flash your team + yourself.
    Flashes are already barely used. If we make them flash yourself + your team, we're making them even worse and thus less attractive.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Flashes are already barely used. If we make them flash yourself + your team, we're making them even worse and thus less attractive.
    I mean there's a lot of items in game that barely get used. Adding a way to tell if the enemy is flashed or not could be enough of an incentive to encourage others to use them. What are your thoughts on my actual suggestion for a way to distinguish flashed enemies from the rest? You only commented on what I mentioned that Cyclone said in game. Thanks.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Country
    Thanks
    I think this should only be visible for team not on enemy.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by furl View Post
    I think this should only be visible for team not on enemy.
    Why do you think it should only be visible to see your team mates flashed but not the enemy that's flashed?

Country
    Thanks
    Why do you think it should only be visible to see your team mates flashed but not the enemy that's flashed?
    The advantage over an enemy becomes very large whereas the advantage of "saving" a blinded friend is more in line with the existing way the mechanic works.

Main concern with showing on enemy: Person using flash can hide in cover while they apply the grenade, and then go check to see if the grenade hit afterward basically avoiding any possible risk of self-flash.

As for the Teammate knowing, it saves building a chat macro to team which says "Help I am blind" and so it is just convenient and not offering something that was not already there (i.e. team only chat).

Even simpler than showing some kind of new animation to indicate the flash it could just say in team chat.

Team: >>Furl<< has been blinded.

Then add checkbox to filter this new dialogue from the chat for those who do not want it.

Thoughts?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by furl View Post
    The advantage over an enemy becomes very large whereas the advantage of "saving" a blinded friend is more in line with the existing way the mechanic works.

Main concern with showing on enemy: Person using flash can hide in cover while they apply the grenade, and then go check to see if the grenade hit afterward basically avoiding any possible risk of self-flash.

As for the Teammate knowing, it saves building a chat macro to team which says "Help I am blind" and so it is just convenient and not offering something that was not already there (i.e. team only chat).

Even simpler than showing some kind of new animation to indicate the flash it could just say in team chat.

Team: >>Furl<< has been blinded.

Then add checkbox to filter this new dialogue from the chat for those who do not want it.

Thoughts?
    I somewhat agree with knowing if the enemy is flashed. Could possibly become somewhat abused. I still think it'd be interesting to experiment with for a week or so and get some collective thoughts afterwards.

As for knowing if your team mate is flashed, I don't think adding an alert into the chat would be useful as most players don't look at chat while they're in the zone. Also in bigger rooms where many players can be hit by flash this would cause spam in the chat. Which is why you suggested the additional chat filter in options. So that's why I suggested some kind of HUD symbol instead. I think having this symbol for team mates would be a nice addition to help enforce team play.

If anything do trials for both ways for both aspects (just team vs enemy) (chat vs symbol/alert) and get everyone's opinions on it after a week. I appreciate your perspective on my suggestion.

10. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

furl (08-10-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Added flashed indicator.
    Last edited by Frooples; 09-12-2022 at 09:52 AM.

12. The following 4 users say thank you to Frooples for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-19-2022), Amamin (08-19-2022), BerS (09-13-2022), Desecration (08-28-2022)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information