Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I think the general idea for using flash nades in any given game is to use them in rush/choke spots of the maps and as a means to push without fear of the enemy fighting back. Lets say with garden, if I'm on red team, I will more than likely rush to garden to toss and bounce a flash off the hedge so that it bounces into basement/water area. And then using them to push as in tossing them down hallways to give you time to rush while they have to look away/run.

All you need to do is prevent people from being able to double up on the nades. Only allow one set of flash/mines. Honestly it's the people who join in with 12x flash/mines that ruin it. You don't need that many. As for a solution to the mass amounts of mines on the map (say 3 people using mines) just make it so you cap the mount of mines at any given time. For team deathmatch it'd be something like 15 per round. Deathmatch could be more like 30 mines at any time. Then that way you have to run over a mine before you can set another one down.

Another solution could be to prevent the ability to spam mines in one given area. You can only place X amount of mines within X radius. Areas like hallways set the limit to a lower number and then up the amount for larger areas/more open areas. This would prevent people from "teaming up" (assuming we remove the ability to double up on mines/flash) and being able to spam 20 mines in an area and then just hide behind a corner (we know there's plenty of players who do this on a regular basis).

tl;dr remove ability to "double up" on flash/mines, cap number of mines per round/spawn/total on map. Additionally limit X amount of mines per X radius on map.
    You know what would do everything you said except without all the hassle? Limiting to one or two per person. I think all of it, especially the mines is just pure garbage. Mines are not original to the game and they add nothing but BS to the game itself. I think they should be removed but making it 1 or 2 per person , or just NEVER allowed in competitive gametypes would be great. Events? Sure why not circle of mines, that's great! Playing circle of mines minefield in the bottom tunnels at Garden however is a complete shitshow for everyone except the guy camping who set them.

Edit :
    Additionally mines could be nerfed if they didn't knock you down, possibly just a rocket type explosion instead that pushes you upwards or something would even be better than the FLIP EFFECT.

Flash grenades could just only blind you for a moment instead of 1 minute or whatever the current time is

2. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-11-2022)

Thread Information