Abaaba's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    [B]Suggestion type: Remove or modify Canox FB5 - Flash nade
    FGunZ

[B]Suggestion description:
    This suggestion is not a complain but a my point of view and while writing this suggestion i need to clarify my english is really poor.

Now let me explain, why flash nade need to be modified or removed, usually i don't play this kind of style, but seems someone mentioned on forum and nobody uses it, so i personally tried.

i tried to use as a noob, spammed it in game with my skill combination and actually work and really usefull for the team but the enemy didn't like it, got kicked many times, because the flash is really annoying.

The only place you can use the flash is on "Garden" map with 32 ppl or Deathmatch, another thing where there are "pros" room playing they don't allow that flash nade, because can cause ruin the game adn there isn't EX.

So if most of the people don't like and difference culture of gunz style, we can notice that Canox FB5 (flash nade) is really OP, should be modify or limit that you can bring only 6 nades, since is possible to bring in game 12 nades when you reached level 80.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I don't think it needs to be modified because if you bring 12 flashes into the game that means you have no space for meds and you might die before you get to use them all since you can't rely on spawns in a full garden room.

3. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-08-2022)

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Flashbangs are annoying in any game imo. I don't know if there's ever a tasteful way to apply it in any game, especially in gunz.

5. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-09-2022)

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Flash grenades should be reduced to 1 or 2 per life. Mines need to be cut down to 1 or 2 of them as well. People who go in as a group and spam place mines completely ruin any game they are in for anyone but themselves. Sometimes it's fun as a novelty, first or 2nd death it's whatever but after a while it is just so awful to deal with.

Think about CSGO, they allow you 1 flash per life, and even then you just get blinded by your trash moron teammates that thinks they gatta buy flash nade and throw it first 15 seconds of every round

Remove flash grenades, remove mines, or limit them to an extreme.

7. The following 2 users say thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-09-2022), ILoveQuests (08-09-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    Flashbangs are annoying in any game imo. I don't know if there's ever a tasteful way to apply it in any game, especially in gunz.
    I think the general idea for using flash nades in any given game is to use them in rush/choke spots of the maps and as a means to push without fear of the enemy fighting back. Lets say with garden, if I'm on red team, I will more than likely rush to garden to toss and bounce a flash off the hedge so that it bounces into basement/water area. And then using them to push as in tossing them down hallways to give you time to rush while they have to look away/run.

Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Flash grenades should be reduced to 1 or 2 per life. Mines need to be cut down to 1 or 2 of them as well. People who go in as a group and spam place mines completely ruin any game they are in for anyone but themselves. Sometimes it's fun as a novelty, first or 2nd death it's whatever but after a while it is just so awful to deal with.

Think about CSGO, they allow you 1 flash per life, and even then you just get blinded by your trash moron teammates that thinks they gatta buy flash nade and throw it first 15 seconds of every round

Remove flash grenades, remove mines, or limit them to an extreme.
    All you need to do is prevent people from being able to double up on the nades. Only allow one set of flash/mines. Honestly it's the people who join in with 12x flash/mines that ruin it. You don't need that many. As for a solution to the mass amounts of mines on the map (say 3 people using mines) just make it so you cap the mount of mines at any given time. For team deathmatch it'd be something like 15 per round. Deathmatch could be more like 30 mines at any time. Then that way you have to run over a mine before you can set another one down.

Another solution could be to prevent the ability to spam mines in one given area. You can only place X amount of mines within X radius. Areas like hallways set the limit to a lower number and then up the amount for larger areas/more open areas. This would prevent people from "teaming up" (assuming we remove the ability to double up on mines/flash) and being able to spam 20 mines in an area and then just hide behind a corner (we know there's plenty of players who do this on a regular basis).

tl;dr remove ability to "double up" on flash/mines, cap number of mines per round/spawn/total on map. Additionally limit X amount of mines per X radius on map.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

9. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-09-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I think the general idea for using flash nades in any given game is to use them in rush/choke spots of the maps and as a means to push without fear of the enemy fighting back. Lets say with garden, if I'm on red team, I will more than likely rush to garden to toss and bounce a flash off the hedge so that it bounces into basement/water area. And then using them to push as in tossing them down hallways to give you time to rush while they have to look away/run.

All you need to do is prevent people from being able to double up on the nades. Only allow one set of flash/mines. Honestly it's the people who join in with 12x flash/mines that ruin it. You don't need that many. As for a solution to the mass amounts of mines on the map (say 3 people using mines) just make it so you cap the mount of mines at any given time. For team deathmatch it'd be something like 15 per round. Deathmatch could be more like 30 mines at any time. Then that way you have to run over a mine before you can set another one down.

Another solution could be to prevent the ability to spam mines in one given area. You can only place X amount of mines within X radius. Areas like hallways set the limit to a lower number and then up the amount for larger areas/more open areas. This would prevent people from "teaming up" (assuming we remove the ability to double up on mines/flash) and being able to spam 20 mines in an area and then just hide behind a corner (we know there's plenty of players who do this on a regular basis).

tl;dr remove ability to "double up" on flash/mines, cap number of mines per round/spawn/total on map. Additionally limit X amount of mines per X radius on map.
    You know what would do everything you said except without all the hassle? Limiting to one or two per person. I think all of it, especially the mines is just pure garbage. Mines are not original to the game and they add nothing but BS to the game itself. I think they should be removed but making it 1 or 2 per person , or just NEVER allowed in competitive gametypes would be great. Events? Sure why not circle of mines, that's great! Playing circle of mines minefield in the bottom tunnels at Garden however is a complete shitshow for everyone except the guy camping who set them.

Edit :
    Additionally mines could be nerfed if they didn't knock you down, possibly just a rocket type explosion instead that pushes you upwards or something would even be better than the FLIP EFFECT.

Flash grenades could just only blind you for a moment instead of 1 minute or whatever the current time is

11. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-11-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    You know what would do everything you said except without all the hassle? Limiting to one or two per person. I think all of it, especially the mines is just pure garbage. Mines are not original to the game and they add nothing but BS to the game itself. I think they should be removed but making it 1 or 2 per person , or just NEVER allowed in competitive gametypes would be great. Events? Sure why not circle of mines, that's great! Playing circle of mines minefield in the bottom tunnels at Garden however is a complete shitshow for everyone except the guy camping who set them.

Edit :
    Additionally mines could be nerfed if they didn't knock you down, possibly just a rocket type explosion instead that pushes you upwards or something would even be better than the FLIP EFFECT.

Flash grenades could just only blind you for a moment instead of 1 minute or whatever the current time is
    Well it sounds like you only want them removed because they don't fit your style. Not because they're "garbage and not original". You know what else isn't original? Vials, pills, stuns, EX launchers, snipers, one hit nades, hotshot, these shotguns that do 10, 11, 12 damage (breakers did 8 max when avengers did ~10 max way more balanced than what we have now imo), speedy daggers.

I personally think all the items that have been added since the original are actually good for the game and adds creativity. Rather than the vanilla sg/sg/meds. These items blend well into the game and offer nice strategies for other players to explore and tinker with.

Never allowed in competitive? That's already true to be though. Mine's are banned from CW are they not? And like I said before with the suggestion of not allowing to double up is because of those specific players that run with 12x mines and camp with them. They're the only players who ruin the image of mines/flash/etc.

But even those strats aren't that bothersome to some players. It's just another creative way to play the game. Just like the argument with rushing/camping as a whole. There are those players who rush every single round no matter what and then there are those who just camp in base waiting for the enemy. So should those people who rush complain and demand camping to be removed because it doesn't fit their style of play?

Remove the ability to double up on these tactical nades. If that doesn't help with the "issue" then implement a cap for mines that can be played on the map at any given time.

13. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-11-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Well it sounds like you only want them removed because they don't fit your style. Not because they're "garbage and not original". You know what else isn't original? Vials, pills, stuns, EX launchers, snipers, one hit nades, hotshot, these shotguns that do 10, 11, 12 damage (breakers did 8 max when avengers did ~10 max way more balanced than what we have now imo), speedy daggers.

I personally think all the items that have been added since the original are actually good for the game and adds creativity. Rather than the vanilla sg/sg/meds. These items blend well into the game and offer nice strategies for other players to explore and tinker with.

Never allowed in competitive? That's already true to be though. Mine's are banned from CW are they not? And like I said before with the suggestion of not allowing to double up is because of those specific players that run with 12x mines and camp with them. They're the only players who ruin the image of mines/flash/etc.

But even those strats aren't that bothersome to some players. It's just another creative way to play the game. Just like the argument with rushing/camping as a whole. There are those players who rush every single round no matter what and then there are those who just camp in base waiting for the enemy. So should those people who rush complain and demand camping to be removed because it doesn't fit their style of play?

Remove the ability to double up on these tactical nades. If that doesn't help with the "issue" then implement a cap for mines that can be played on the map at any given time.
    Vials and pills are official as of Aeria GunZ, onehit nades are an ancient private server idea that has hung around. I think the EX launcher should be removed from the game too, but as far as like custom rate automatic weapons goes that's fine to me. Nobody at a high competitive tier is complaining that hotshot is too OP, most of these other things are novelty. However the mines and EX grenades to me are on a level that disrupts high level gameplay with little to no skill involved. It is cool to have off meta options but these " disabling " items and weapons need to go. Anything that may knock you to the ground, or gives you a flip effect should be removed. Only melee weapons should be able to have that effect, and if you want CC then melee weapons should be your best and only option besides the standard rocket launcher.

When I say competitive I mean any gametype that gives XP. Deathmatch, TDM, anything. The fact that they are not allowed in clan wars ETC speaks to mines poor impact on the quality of gameplay. I agree it's an opinion based thing, that's all I'm here stating.

15. The following user said thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-12-2022)

Country
    Thanks
    Vials and pills are official as of Aeria GunZ, onehit nades are an ancient private server idea that has hung around. I think the EX launcher should be removed from the game too, but as far as like custom rate automatic weapons goes that's fine to me. Nobody at a high competitive tier is complaining that hotshot is too OP, most of these other things are novelty. However the mines and EX grenades to me are on a level that disrupts high level gameplay with little to no skill involved. It is cool to have off meta options but these " disabling " items and weapons need to go. Anything that may knock you to the ground, or gives you a flip effect should be removed. Only melee weapons should be able to have that effect, and if you want CC then melee weapons should be your best and only option besides the standard rocket launcher.

When I say competitive I mean any gametype that gives XP. Deathmatch, TDM, anything. The fact that they are not allowed in clan wars ETC speaks to mines poor impact on the quality of gameplay. I agree it's an opinion based thing, that's all I'm here stating.
    Please forgive my ignorance. I don't think I ever played on Aeria, if I did it was for a very little amount of time. But when I think of originals, I think back to the former servers, not the latter. Yes most of these items we've named off are all novelty items in the game that have been added over time due to player suggestions. It adds fun and variety to the game.

The little to no skill you're mentioning are specifically those players who just spam all 6/12 mines in one spot and sit and wait. Cheesy? Yes. No skill involved? Yes. But those who don't spam mines and use them in a more meaningful way shouldn't be punished with removing them all together.

You mention high level gameplay, which to me is just "competitive gameplay" aka clan war. No one takes general lobby rooms seriously. You're only calling it competitive because of staff introducing ELO. Had ELO never been introduced, the community would still view clan war as the only competitive side to GunZ.

The fact that they are not allowed in clan wars ETC speaks to mines poor impact on the quality of gameplay.
    No, the fact that mines aren't allowed in clan war is due to the fact that people ran to the forums to complain/get their way. As are most of the contents within updates. I can only assume that the reason people petitioned to get mines removed from clan war are due to players abusing/spamming mines, like I mentioned before. If people didn't spam mines and flashes like they do then we wouldn't be here having this conversation. Which is why we should try and fix the spam issue rather than get rid of them all together. Don't punish those that use them respectfully. It takes one abuser to ruin it for the rest.

Anything that may knock you to the ground, or gives you a flip effect should be removed. Only melee weapons should be able to have that effect
    Typical gladiator mentality, no offense but, not everything revolves around swords. I like the variety of crowd control in the game as it stands now. Plus people back peddle too much to even justify using a sword for crowd control. That's why it's nice to have stuns that you can launch/bounce off walls to catch those that are running. And if you're the one running away, mines are a useful item to use when being chased down to catch those thirsty chasers off guard.

I'm glad we're able to keep our opinions pretty civil and not bashing each other.

17. The following 2 users say thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Abaaba (08-18-2022), Cid (08-18-2022)

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    I also agree with Ommadawn, if you decide to take two sets of flashes you lose out on other items. Not to mention there are other items with similar clips (more or less) which balances it out. If people do not wish to play with these "annoying" items they can always enable EX.

To quote this post, made by McSic, flashes are barely used & nerfing their clip isn't really helping it out either.

As for being continuously kicked in non-EX rooms, that is another matter & I would recommend you contact a Game Moderator regarding that if it happens excessively again.

TLDR; This suggestion will be Declined.

Spoiler!

19. The following user said thank you to justRelax for this useful post:

Abaaba (09-12-2022)

Thread Information