View Poll Results: Do you support the suggested changes for Assassination Game Mode?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

3 42.86%
  • Other

1 14.29%
    TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Assassination game mode used to be played a lot during V7, however nowadays you will never see nobody plays in this kind of mode. If people want to play a team vs team game mode, they'll simply create a Team Deathmatch room for either normal TDM or Attack & Defense game only.

Lately, at least for me, the classic type of TDM games have become boring and overly taken seriously by a lot of players especially after the ELO system was released. Therefore, I suggest something new that could possibly attract many players - and you can exclude ELO out of this if found necessary.

Since Developers/Leaders have put so much effort into the PVE feature in the past several years, which is obviously so far meant for Quest type of game-modes, why not allow it in at least ONE type of PvP game-mode? I was thinking to suggest it for Team Deathmatch + Extreme either, but personally think it'd fit better for Assassination.

Currently, most of the players have obtained a variety of weapons with PVE in Quests over the years, but no one ever uses anything else other than; miniguns and standard melee weapons (& rarely Godlike/Mythical pistols which deal a lot of damage and help mostly with killing small NPCs).

By willing to give this suggestion a chance, players will basically be able to use other weapons/items obtained through Quests, including: rocket-launchers, grenade-launchers, large-swords, speedy-daggers, revolvers, SMGs, rifles and grenades (both Canox and 1/2-Hit-Kill). Moreover, changing the current concept of Assassination game-mode would definitely play a huge part in the variety of game-modes played weekly, and can possibly later lead for new event ideas as well.

On a side-note: In case we adjust the effect of PVE in Quest modes in a PvP game-mode now, this will necessarily require to adjust the players' HP/AP accordingly, however this is something that can later be tested (suggest to be given as a mission for the Tester team).

---------------------------------
    Personally and honestly, I don't see any valid point in obtaining various useless items and weapons with PVE in Quest/Survival/CQ modes if ultimately less than a third~half of the type of weapons are actually used. If useless items and weapons weren't possible to be obtained in Quest games at the first place, then I think it would be fair enough to increase the rarity even more for Legendary/Mythical/Godlike items and weapons.

Let's have at least one PvP game-mode that could allow a creative usage of PVE weapons and items, where you don't fight and kill NPCs but actual players. Assassination has not been played for so long - this game-mode has so much potential to be improved.

Attached a poll.
    Feel free to vote and share your opinions in the comments below.
    Last edited by TomasEdison; 10-28-2022 at 02:20 PM.

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

2. The following user said thank you to TomasEdison for this useful post:

furl (11-02-2022)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    I like the idea, but I think it could be a bit different. PVE can be enabled for the assassinators only and in my opinion it makes sense because the whole team depends on the assassinator and you lose the round if he dies so he should be stronger.

TomasEdison's Avatar ✨ שָׁוִיתי ה' לנֶגדי תמיד

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I like the idea, but I think it could be a bit different. PVE can be enabled for the assassinators only and in my opinion it makes sense because the whole team depends on the assassinator and you lose the round if he dies so he should be stronger.
    Keep in mind players equip weapons beforehand, unnecessarily knowing that they'll be the assassinator in one of the rounds. For example, somebody equipped a rifle that deals 75 PVE, but in case they're not the assassinator for like 5~10 rounds they will deal only 20 PVE based on the weapon's regular damage which is worthless. The whole idea of the suggestion in this case pretty much turns irrelevant idk

“Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house - a world, and beyond its world - a heaven.
    Know then, that the world exists for you: build, therefore, your own world”

- "Nature" (Chapter 8), Ralph Waldo Emerson
    *Credits to GeorgeGFX for the Avatar picture!

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by TomasEdison View Post
    Keep in mind players equip weapons beforehand, unnecessarily knowing that they'll be the assassinator in one of the rounds. For example, somebody equipped a rifle that deals 75 PVE, but in case they're not the assassinator for like 5~10 rounds they will deal only 20 PVE based on the weapon's regular damage which is worthless. The whole idea of the suggestion in this case pretty much turns irrelevant idk
    Dunno if it's possible, probably not but let's say you equip a Mythical Madness MG x2, the normal damage is 35 but with PVE it's 116.
    If you're the assasinator - it checks your PVE and goes by it. Else, nothing happens so the damage stays normal (because you're not the assasinator).

Probably too much work for something that might not be used so I still agree with your original suggestion.

6. The following user said thank you to Ommadawn for this useful post:

TomasEdison (10-28-2022)

Thread Information