Country
    Thanks
    Just a quick question on how ELO works.

Seems like when I log off then log back on the next day my ELO drops.

I've also noticed when I leave a game my ELO drops.

Do I need to afk in-game to keep my elo?
    And, do i need to finish the entire match (all rounds) to stop my ELO dropping?

I tested it when I logged off last night; noting down my ELO. Then when I logged on today it had dropped.

I also went in-game, played 10 or some matches, noted my ELO and left then realised my ELO had dropped.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Athenall View Post
    Just a quick question on how ELO works.

Seems like when I log off then log back on the next day my ELO drops.

I've also noticed when I leave a game my ELO drops.

Do I need to afk in-game to keep my elo?
    And, do i need to finish the entire match (all rounds) to stop my ELO dropping?

I tested it when I logged off last night; noting down my ELO. Then when I logged on today it had dropped.

I also went in-game, played 10 or some matches, noted my ELO and left then realised my ELO had dropped.
    There is an elo degradation: Everyone loses 1% of their elo daily.

That is done for 2 reasons:
    - Make it harder to stay at high elo (1% of 6000 is more than 1% of 3000) -> high ranks have to keep playing and win to keep their rank
    - People that no longer play lose their elo over time -> high elo rankings are filled with active players

You lose elo when leaving a game in 3 cases, these happen so you can't dodge/avoid losing elo by leaving:
    - You're alive in duel -> leaving is seen as dodging/loss
    - You're alive in TDM and have already received damage -> leaving is seen as dodging/loss
    - You have died that round in TDM and the round has not ended yet -> leaving is seen as dodging/loss

Country
    Thanks
    No worries, thanks for the clarification.

I agree with everything the way it is. Seems like a fair system keeping players active and in check.

Thread Information